Weekend find

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Been forever since I have scored a multibar deal.. gotta savor this one.

The Flying Brick is a Sireno bar.
S&W
and 2 signal stat bars.

The Sireno needs some bulbs..

Optimized-20170924_155035.jpg
Optimized-20170924_154928.jpg
Optimized-20170924_163146.jpg

and anyone have any idea what type of bulbs these are?
Optimized-20170924_162220.jpg

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Is the Smith &Wesson bar a real Smith & Wesson or a bar from the successor EEC?

Michael

I have yet to crack the bar open.. still not sure if I am gonna go that far since everything works..
however the tag on the back of the speaker frame reads S&W as does one of the domes.. the other reads EFC..

jph2

Apr 21, 2012
USA Michigan
Nice haul and they look to be in pretty good shape! And today I learned there was a successor to the S&W bars. I always thought the S&W tag on those bars was cool.

cmb56

May 22, 2010
Norrköping, Sweden
When Smith & Wesson cancelled their production of warning lights and sirens the tooling was bought by a company called Emergency Equipment Corporation (EEC).

They was in business for some years. I do not remember exactly when but probably a few years in the beginning of the 90s.

They changed a few things on their products, like the base of the model 610 that become larger than on the original S&W light.
I learned that because I got a new gasket for the S&W 610 from them but the new EEC 610 gasket had a larger diameter than the original one.
I could not use it and that is the only EEC product I have ever seen.

Michael

Jun 18, 2013
PA
The good news is I am not attached to either of the signal stat bars..
At some point I need to check them out and see what is there and if anything is missing.

The DualComm rotators are a 2nd or 3rd generation rotator can (vent holes in the top & bottom--1st gen were solid cans). If the gear is inside the can near the top, it is a gen2; if it's near the base it's a gen3 (and could be counter rotating). Gen1 & 2 shared the same drive mechs so if you need motor/gear assy I have boucoups gen1 rotators.

Benno

Jul 17, 2011
Germany
Let me know about those Signal Stats as well. I just got my hands on some NOS domes, and would love to put them on something! Thanks, wolfman
Then I would take (if they are in good condition and the price is right) 1-2 of the red Domes ;)

Jun 18, 2013
PA
I got a chance to give the Signal stat bars a once over..
1 is complete.. I think... the other is missing some stuff.
Wiring on both bars is a mess.

Found a bonus hidden in the center speaker section.
Bonus halogen lamps...
Probably setup as either alleys or a takedown.
Optimized-20170930_152731.jpg

and the asset tag..
Optimized-20170930_150656.jpg

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Looking at those round bulbs you asked about, they look similar to the 50w halogen lamps used in track lights and some older under cabinet lighting.
2017-10-02 08.04.56.jpg

Reactions: Stampeed Valkyrie
Jun 18, 2013
PA
I thought the same when I first looked them up.
I need to be careful though that I don't get ones that are so powerful they damage the domes..
.. not that I plan on using the bar for any prolonged period of time anyway.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.