Weird Whelen? Lightbar

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Was on youtube and observed some kinda weird possibly Whelen libertys on a Mexican State Police car it just looks like the optics are weird and the size looks kinda small for the car. I think its whelen there is a few good shots and I think it says whelen on the tag. Anyone have any ideas?

Dave F

Sep 13, 2015
Berks County, PA
Correct that it is a Liberty, and those are CON3 modules; a factory Whelen option

Unmistakeable dead on; but all but non-visable off axis. Ive used them a few times myself

Reactions: Station 3

Impala9C1

Sep 28, 2018
Arizona
You have seen them in the U.S.? I figured NYPD had the most unique bars for an agency. Everywhere else that use GoRhino, Sentina, etc are fairly similar in design to another. It would be neat to see some diversity in bars. At least for kicks.

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
Yep one of the agencies down here in south florida had it on a car I just cant remember whos agency it was... hopefully ill bump into it again.. maybe it was at my dealers store... hmmmm

Impala9C1

Sep 28, 2018
Arizona
Yep one of the agencies down here in south florida had it on a car I just cant remember whos agency it was... hopefully ill bump into it again.. maybe it was at my dealers store... hmmmm

I looked at some police car picture sites for FL and couldn't find anything unusual but they are hardly updated often and thorough. I would like to find out when you do.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.