Westchester County Police New 2013 Charger

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
The graphics and lighting look great but the lightbar is setup stupid. What's with the out of place clear lense on the driver side and MR11 takedowns on a 2013 Charger? Really?

efdny2003

Apr 18, 2011
united states, ny
I was iffy when the county started putting these graphics on their cars, but after a while and especially seeing them on certain vehicles(such as the charger) changed my opinion. All of the lightbars on the county marked cars have the single white lens on the drivers side, it alternates with the red on the passenger side.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I love the westchester color scheme and lighting setup, and the graphics do a great job of encompassing the shape of the charger door (I only saw westchester CVPI's when I lived in NY, so I'm glad to see more of the chargers)

acala91 said:
What's with the out of place clear lense on the driver side and MR11 takedowns on a 2013 Charger? Really?

What does the fact that it's a charger have anything to do with that? It wouldn't look any less assymetrical if it were on an interceptor or Tahoe

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
I personally hate everything about that car, aside from the fact that it's a charger. Blue and orange don't go together. Blue and white (I thought) was gone by the late 90's. Even the rear of the bar is a mess. The red and blue should ONLY be alternately flashed. Now I gather that it looks like another big purple blob from behind.

And who the hell uses halogen takedowns anymore? Ugh.

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
pdk9 said:
What does the fact that it's a charger have anything to do with that? It wouldn't look any less assymetrical if it were on an interceptor or Tahoe

Agreed. What I was mentioning is how specing MR11 takedowns on a brand new 2013 vehicle makes zero sense.

firedude

Apr 6, 2011
NY
acala91 said:
Agreed. What I was mentioning is how specing MR11 takedowns on a brand new 2013 vehicle makes zero sense.

The lightbar was removed from a surplus CVPI and put on this charger. Thus, the MR11 takedowns. Saving money!

jph2

Apr 21, 2012
USA Michigan
lotsofbars said:
I personally hate everything about that car, aside from the fact that it's a charger. Blue and orange don't go together. Blue and white (I thought) was gone by the late 90's. Even the rear of the bar is a mess. The red and blue should ONLY be alternately flashed. Now I gather that it looks like another big purple blob from behind.

And who the hell uses halogen takedowns anymore? Ugh.

And I like the blue and white and think the blue and orange looks good here, as well, plus the door graphics fit the vehicle's style very well. I am, however, distracted by all the other decals, like "special enforcement", the circle thingie on the rear quarter panel, and the dwi stuff on the back (although I realize the car must be a dwi enforcement vehicle, justifying the campaign-of-the-month phrasing). I agree with you on the lightbar.

JaBradt85

May 23, 2010
Albany, NY
firedude said:
The lightbar was removed from a surplus CVPI and put on this charger. Thus, the MR11 takedowns. Saving money!

Looks like the T/A was as well, seeing the gap for the chmsl. I like it except the rear.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
love the car. i think the blue/white is a different take on the classic black/white. i also think the orange looks good. As far as the lightbar, i like the front setup, even with the one weird clear pod and the MR11s. I wish the rear was RRBBBBRR. Knowing they recycled the bar from a CVPI, and now looking at the T/A on the deck, it makes sense. at first i was like, "WTF?".

i dont understand why the grill lights are mounted behind the grill, when theres a nice big push bar to bolt them to.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CHUCK4850

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.