Whacker Technologies lighting - Reviews and Opinions

sephora99

Oct 6, 2010
Connecticut, USA
I have been trolling the boards looking for information on the lights by Whacker Technologies. It seems difficult to find anything about the lights without going through threads about whackers as people.

Has anyone had experience with lights by Whacker? I would like to hear your thoughts.

I am looking at this bar in particular http://www.emergencycity.com/Instigator ... ls48cc.htm

I generally preferred Whelen up until recently when I ran into problems with light hue mis-matching, equipment failure and unconcerned customer service. For the price that they charge for their products, I expect more support. On top of the fact that it seems hard to obtain good literature and drawings for the Whelen light bar products. They tell you how to wire up their configurations and harnesses but don't tell you what you are interfacing with in the case that you want to customize the setup.

Please share your experiences.

EMS10EMT

Aug 31, 2010
NJ
I have bought lots of whackers products. Ive never had a problem, and have talked with Hershel (the owner) directly if I had an issue or question. He is a top notch, stand up guy. The same goes for his company and products.

TCO

May 21, 2010
Malvern,Pa
i have the 4 head inciter from wacker tech,i found it at a trade show and it isnt bad,i actually kept that light and sold the whelen talons i had. they are very similar to the dominator series by whelen in size ,you will not be sorry

ibby

May 28, 2010
I purchased the tir4 Traffic Cleaner series lights from Whacker a couple years ago, and to this day, I say those have to be the brightest amber tir4's I have ever seen. I just recently sold them to a buddy and he has been nothing more than amazed at the brightness. I have never dealt with Herschel directly, however from what I have seen around this and the old board, he stands behind his stuff. I say go for it!

sephora99

Oct 6, 2010
Connecticut, USA
I have both Whelen Talons and Whelen Dominators currently installed. It is the Dominators that seem to have issues with color matching and flash patterns when purchased at different times. I have two dual dominator heads that each have a different hue of color, very noticeable and looks bad. On top of that, the flasher in the newer one that I bought doesn't seem to flash quite as fast even on the same patterns and when synched up. They will initiate flash cycles together but in the example of the quad flash, the newer model flashes slower and ends the flash cycle after the older unit.

I am still happy with my Talons, though I wish I had been able to find the sync versions of those, rather than the standalone versions that I bought without realizing it.

Has anyone here had any dealings with Ark-La-Miss lights?

emtspruitt

May 25, 2010
Huntsville, AL
I have installed 2 of their Verve Lightbars on vehicles at my rescue squad and we have been very happy with them. No problems and they are bright. Cant beat the price $1100 for 52" bar with LED TD and alleys and TA with a controller.

theroofable

May 23, 2010
New Jersey
Had their older gen 1 dashlights, and my friend uses their newer version of it. I am lending mine to another friend right now. Theyre affordable and bright. Theyre newer gen 3 products look good, I would buy them if I had a use for them.

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
About 98% of the lighting that is in my truck is Whacker Technologies lighting about $1500 worth probly lol maybe more :lol:

CenTexPSE

May 21, 2010
Covington, TX
sephora99 said:
Has anyone here had any dealings with Ark-La-Miss lights?

You will find quality products there as well. Get with board member " Pimp ". He is the owner!

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
EMS10EMT said:
I have bought lots of whackers products. Ive never had a problem, and have talked with Hershel (the owner) directly if I had an issue or question. He is a top notch, stand up guy. The same goes for his company and products.

Some of their products seem to be Juluen/Axixtech under a different name (Traffic cleaner for instance). Well, I've had a Fury dashlight for a while and although it doesn't hold as much firepower as a Talon or Avenger, the ratio price vs quality makes it a very attractive product.b6fb584637.jpg[/attachment:3vqme2at]

b6fb584637.jpg

theolog

Dec 27, 2010
North Carolina
I know this is an old thread, but I was looking for information on them because I just ordered an 8-head Instigator yesterday.

I've never previously purchased anything that wasn't Whelen, FedSig, or Code 3 (except for some Sho-Me first generation LEDs back in the day), so I'm a little apprehensive about it. But I'm still looking forward to getting it and plugging it up to see how it performs.

firenresq77

Oct 9, 2010
Northwest OH
theolog said:
I know this is an old thread, but I was looking for information on them because I just ordered an 8-head Instigator yesterday.

I've never previously purchased anything that wasn't Whelen, FedSig, or Code 3 (except for some Sho-Me first generation LEDs back in the day), so I'm a little apprehensive about it. But I'm still looking forward to getting it and plugging it up to see how it performs.

I have the same light and the only issue I had was with the momentary switch used to change the patterns. The solder gave way so i had to re-do it. Other than that it has worked great for me.

theolog

Dec 27, 2010
North Carolina
firenresq77 said:
I have the same light and the only issue I had was with the momentary switch used to change the patterns. The solder gave way so i had to re-do it. Other than that it has worked great for me.

I'm going to have to contact them to ask if hard-wiring it will affect the warranty.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.