Whacker Verve...opinions?

rsqemt911

May 25, 2010
Naugatuck Ct
their stuff isn't as "commercially" accepted as the big names, but i have only heard good things from people who use them. their bar looks to be well constructed and easily serviceable. i know they have excellent customer service with their smaller lights as well as warrantee. i have never seen the bar, but the individual lights are bright so i can only come to the conclusion the bar is no differnt.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
If you buy, I'd buy from WackerUSA. Herschel is a user here and stands behind his items.

NJEMT

May 22, 2010
Essex County, NJ
They have great lights, the Inciter EX (looks like this bar uses the same modules) was great the only reason I dont have one in my car anymore is because it was stolen.

cory y

May 21, 2010
I wouldnt recommend them for Police or Fulltime FD vehicles, but for non-emergency use such as security or volunteer use they are fine

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
I would by direct from them at thesafteygarage.com. They are very honest ppl and hershel is a Vol. Paramedic soon to be MD. They make pretty bright stuff.

kc9dzv

May 25, 2010
LaPorte County, IN USA
Excellent bar. Looked at getting one for myself but inherited a lfl patriot instead. A medic that I work with has one in all red and loves it, brighter than I expected it to be. IMHO, good bar, excellent price.

emtspruitt

May 25, 2010
Huntsville, AL
I have installed them on 2 of our vehicle at my Rescue Squad and we have been very happy. After seeing ours one of the VFD's here bought at least 1 for their medic vehicle. As far as bang for your buck I dont think you can go wrong. A new all LED bar with LED take downs, alleys, and traffic advisior with a control box for $1000 shipped. I dont think you can do much better than that.

whackerusa

May 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Thanks everyone for the kind words! To clarify, Emergency City is the Whacker retail store. Thesafetygarage.com is one of our distributors. Same great service from either site:). On a side note, I have finally finished the long journey of medical school!!!

Herschel

May 21, 2010
LKN, NC
Herschel, I can appreciate you being visible and active on this site. You've definately put yourself on the firing range with this group of "lightheads" (get it...heh).

The switch box that comes with the bar...can it be "rearranged"? For example, if I wanted to have the option of activating only the rear-facing lights, could I do that? Also, I assume that the TDs and alleys can be steady-burn, but all I see in the videos are flashing. Can someone confirm?

whackerusa

May 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
vonirkinshtine said:
Herschel, I can appreciate you being visible and active on this site. You've definately put yourself on the firing range with this group of "lightheads" (get it...heh).

The switch box that comes with the bar...can it be "rearranged"? For example, if I wanted to have the option of activating only the rear-facing lights, could I do that? Also, I assume that the TDs and alleys can be steady-burn, but all I see in the videos are flashing. Can someone confirm?

The switchbox cannot be rearranged. Its a very simple but efficient set up. The one thing you could do it use the arrow stick set to warning mode which would allow you to have the 6 modules in the rear activated.

The takedowns and alley lights can both be steady burn or flashing.

Herschel

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
A local PD did not want to spend big bucks on out fitting the units they had so they put these babys on both 2006 F-150's and yeah they had to replace them with two whelen led bars because these just did not make the cut. I have seen these bars in person in the day and at night and they just arnt that bright. Dont get me wrong im not a whelen fan either i dislike whelen alot just because people automatically say whelen is gods gift to the world. So im not being bias with the critic here those Verve bars are just not good even the way the leds are placed the way the light bar is angled is not good with intersection warning.

Just my .02

cory y

May 21, 2010
cddavis said:
Just curious, why?

I've installed quite a few of these bars on security vehicles, and the brightness just does not compare to some of the others out there (W, FS, C3, Tomar, Brookings) also the TD's and AL's well to be frank.. suck

mfaith91

May 23, 2010
Kentucky
In addition to the lacking in brightness and optics issues- I've seen flasher failures, led failures, and the mounting "straps" aren't (IMO) suited for prolonged and/or regular highway speeds above 55 mph. Again- IMO.

Mike

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Got an up close look at one locally... they really aren't bad. I'm not usually a fan of "non-major manufacturer" stuff... but the output was fine on the bar I saw. I didn't get to take it apart or anything though.

deputychief301

May 21, 2010
Snow Belt, Michigan
Over hear in Western Michigan, some dept are using the pods, mostly because of piss

poor products that the major some major makers are putting out.

Whelns leds are drawing mositure, no matter what kind outside product from whelen

such as one County Sheriff dept we installed one justice bars had more than

one inch of water inside of the housing, tir3's moisture inside and the lin's are'nt

any better. Then the hassle of the whelen rep to replace them is something else,

then try getting someone to call you back from your local rep.So for the most part

times are tight and Countys are willing to try other lighting manufactures for the price

and the service.Its just not only whelen, other companys would install their equipment

in the police cars and once again their junk would malfunction and this equipment

would sit in the cars for weeks. But as far as lighting, one really can't blame anyone

to try something different, I have installing these so called knock off for many years

and some of them I would recommand them over the major makers.

As far as brightness, their are some that are brighter than the major manufactures.

just my 2 cents

Jim Rogers

Northern Lights/Sirens

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.