What do i need (Federal signal legend)

Alec55500

Sep 29, 2013
Ohio
I have a federal signal legend. It has 4 led pc boards in it for the leds. It has no pc board and serial inferace box. Is that all i need? Thanks! 

10683547_1037354282982836_5293082118131693098_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jun 2, 2014
Colorado
Under the outside LED boards on the right side, where the cables would exit the bar, is where the control board would be located. The main power cables and the serial control cable (which is just an ordinary Cat5 network cable) all attach to that. There are smaller wiring harnesses that connect the LED boards to it.

Do you have all the internal wiring? If so, all you should need are the main power cables, a network cable, the control board, and the serial interface module. I am very close to parting-out one of the Legend bars I have due to marginal, flaky LED boards. The control board appears to be fine, it got through the lightbar test sequence. I have a new serial interface module as well, I can sell most, if not all, of what you need to complete your bar.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.