What Happened to Feniex Industries?

Jman423

Site Owner
Administrator
EDITORIAL OPINION

The idea was born as SpeedTech Lights. That idea bombed, hard, with those in the industry that require reliability and trust. Born from ashes of that debacle, Feniex Industries arose.

The Beginning:
The Good
  • Customer Service
  • Customer Interaction
  • Lead Times
  • Pricing
  • Products Designed In-House
  • Warranty
The Bad
  • Untruthfulness- fake names and relationships
  • Deception- marketing
  • Product Quality
  • Underqualified Design Process
  • Poor Beta Testing
  • Rush to Market

The Present:
The Good
  • 10 Years of Experience- Lessons Learned
The Bad
  • Leadership is seldom present, or completely absent
  • Inexperienced operating officers steer the day-to-day
  • 10 Years of Experience- Ways to undermine dealers and consumers
  • Purchasing products right out of Chinese brochures and slapping a Feniex decal on them
  • Still Underqualified Design Process- shameless attempts to copy the Big 3's products
  • Virtually unreachable sales and support teams
  • The QUAD Series- Saves Feniex, Costs Consumer (poor output, compatibility, & reliability)
  • Most distributors find better pricing with Whelen or FedSig which offer better products (win/win/win)
Summary:
If you are a knowledgeable professional in the field of emergency warning equipment, you already know all of this and more about Feniex. Chances are, you were using Feniex to pickup those budget customers that didn't care how effective or reliable their warning equipment was. Along the way, those dealers were stepping stones used by Feniex to cut out the middle-man and go straight to the consumer. This practice often left loyal dealers with stock that was pumped and dumped on them while Feniex was trying to clear space in the warehouse for the next failed product line or import... effectively screwing the stocking dealers with thousands and thousands of dollars of nearly useless outdated stock. The CEO is all but absent from today's Feniex, that's another whole story, and the current regime is run by someone who entered the company with zero knowledge of the industry and has since risen in rank working from poor training and experience garnered from Feniex (solely).

Various dealers that I talk with from time to time all seem to have the same things to say about Feniex, and the tables will eventually turn again.

This thread will surely provide many more talking points and opinions from both sides of the fence. As a knowledgeable industry professional, I warn anyone who will listen away from Feniex. However, no differing opinions have been, or will be punitively addressed here on eLightbars... but it is important that potential dealers, consumers, and/or agencies know what they're getting into if they should choose Feniex.

As always, full disclosure: I am a former employee of Feniex. For a short time in 2018, I worked as a product manager that would be embedded within the sales, marketing, engineering, and operations departments as product professional. I am not a disgruntled employee, however, I do wish things had worked out the way they initially promised. I met and worked with some amazing people while I was there. Most were lower in the ranks while the typical department heads were entitled assholes who ultimately screwed themselves out of what could have been a good opportunity. Once I saw how the company was steered by the CEO all the way down to the department heads, my confidence in both my employment future as well as Feniex as a company plummeted. I stand to gain nothing from how good or how bad Feniex does. I simply want to see the correct products used in the appropriate applications with both the end-user and the traveling public reaping the benefits.

Don't take one person's experience and opinions, ever. Do your homework and see if the facts stated here match up with your research.

Let's discuss!

EMT-BLS

Get outta my head, man!

For the most part, I agree with nearly everything. I do disagree, a little, to the Quad concept. It is true that it makes life a LOT easier for Feniex - only stock one module, instead of dozens of color options and optics. HOWEVER - that doesn't take away from the idea actually being a good one - with duo and trio products becoming more widely used, having that 4th color is something people didn't realize they were walking away from.

Before everyone loses their mind screaming at me that they barely need 2 colors - More and more, customers are buying lightsticks that are red/blue, with amber override, but still want a flood mode for on-scene work (crime scenes, MVAs, searches, etc) - and Quad gives them that. Now, should they have canceled dual color Fusions? Of course not - but let's not pretend that Feniex is sitting on millions of dollars, like they say they do. They have limited funds, and it's easier to only stock 5 SKUs, instead of 30.

Everything regarding leadership does ring true - even to me, as an outsider. The leadership used to be front and center, and now they're ghosts. Product videos fell to the wayside. Hamza promised a weekly 'touch-base' video, that lasted 3 weeks. I change dealer reps more often than my pants (possibly not a good analogy).

Overall - lots of promise, but currently not doing as well as they could be with some strong leadership and recommitment to what got them here.

Jman423

Site Owner
Administrator
Get outta my head, man!

For the most part, I agree with nearly everything. I do disagree, a little, to the Quad concept. It is true that it makes life a LOT easier for Feniex - only stock one module, instead of dozens of color options and optics. HOWEVER - that doesn't take away from the idea actually being a good one - with duo and trio products becoming more widely used, having that 4th color is something people didn't realize they were walking away from.

Before everyone loses their mind screaming at me that they barely need 2 colors - More and more, customers are buying lightsticks that are red/blue, with amber override, but still want a flood mode for on-scene work (crime scenes, MVAs, searches, etc) - and Quad gives them that. Now, should they have canceled dual color Fusions? Of course not - but let's not pretend that Feniex is sitting on millions of dollars, like they say they do. They have limited funds, and it's easier to only stock 5 SKUs, instead of 30.

Everything regarding leadership does ring true - even to me, as an outsider. The leadership used to be front and center, and now they're ghosts. Product videos fell to the wayside. Hamza promised a weekly 'touch-base' video, that lasted 3 weeks. I change dealer reps more often than my pants (possibly not a good analogy).

Overall - lots of promise, but currently not doing as well as they could be with some strong leadership and recommitment to what got them here.
I should have been more clear on my QUAD opinion. Yes, it is cheaper for Feniex and more expensive for consumers, but the intensity and off-axis along with the need for a converter are the factors that taint the product for me. Having more colors than you need... not a big deal, really. My holy grail is a 4 color Vision SLR (just for the display wall). While I worked there, I advised against the "Geo Optic" which would become the QUAD optic... but now it has blind spots from the other board mounted LED's sharing the same space.

Jarred J.

Archive Expert
Silver Donor
They screwed up when they quit caring for the Lil guy.. I don't have thousands to spend on small setups.

It's been a wild ride for sure. Between playing musical sales reps, pricing being all over the place depending on what CSR processes the order, shipping errors, and whatever else you can think of. There is very little sales support or brand recognition here in the Southeast if any at all, making any government sales very difficult. They do have a loyal retail following and I will continue to sell to them, but even they are questioning what is happening at Feniex.

One thing is for sure I've never seen a company with so few employees have so many "executives".

Secure Browsing

Search for a Member

Top Bottom