what is it called

94yj

Aug 13, 2013
ft worth tx
i am looking for a kit that will shut down the engine if the brake pedel is depressed or they try to move the shifter out of park and it has been years since i had seen it can someone tell me what it is called and is it even still made tia

94yj

Aug 13, 2013
ft worth tx
thanks tsquale  that looks like the kit i need but since i am in texas i wonder where i could get one of these kits from in the usa i bet shipping from the uk would be a nightmare

Reactions: tsquale

ckgarside

Jul 9, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
I think Havis also have one built into the IdleRight system. It kills the engine if the brake is depressed or the hood is opened.

electrotechtx

Feb 3, 2015
Dallas area
There is another company called Secure-Idle.  It keeps the vehicle running when you remove your keys, but when the brake pedal is depressed it kills the vehicle, requiring the keys to restart.   They even have Plug-and-Play versions, real easy!!!!!!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.