What is this crazy Code 3 lightbar?

ur20v

Feb 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
So I wound up with this (and several other lightbars) today... I have no idea what it is other than it was made by Code 3... I know there are walking Code 3 encyclopedias here, so I'm sure someone can enlighten me. This thing seems packed to the gills with stuff and features and doo-dads and whatnots...

20221122_190403.jpg

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
They had dual level intersection lights and other "yo dog I heard you liked lights, so I put lights on your lights" type things. It was like someone tried to one up the MX7000 while drunk and not even fun drunk. The type of drunk where you think you are creative and all your ideas rule but actually you are just drunk.

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
Pretty interesting bar, lots of options. MX-7000 meets the Excalibur and had a baby with a few extra parts.

The only one I came across was pretty toasty and not salvageable. Most of the components didn’t fair well to Norma fire service use.

Seth

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I always thought that instead of doing two levels of intersection sweeps they could have done one big intersection sweep with a much larger reflector and it would have been more effective. It was an unusual use of space to say the least.

CD3

May 25, 2010
USA, CA
Well Being a "Code3" Guy the 360 had so many options including what John said a large intersection light, well the lower section you could mount a full rotator in the lower outboard pod. The 360 was designed using the roof line of the 1992+ Crown Victoria that is why the oddly shaped lower lenses. It looked OK on that vehicle but it looked like "Crapola" on anything else that had a flattened roof. My department was sort of a west coast testing agency for Code 3 we were right on the ocean near S.F., I got to know the then representation group and they provided us with many free products. But I was also not a huge fan of the 360, we ran MX7000's then. when we got several new cars Code 3 provided us with free setups and yes the Code 360 were part of the package. I designed 3 different styles. I had to send in reports to Code 3 during testing 30, 60, 90 then quarterly for up to 1 year. When that year past the equipment was ours. But the cool thing was, I was able to obtain every option designed for that bar. The dual intersection lights were a huge P.O.S. they melted, a lot and the assembly fell apart, when we went to the cross-fire strobe that was pretty darn effective. BUT overall, I went back to the MX7000.

Dave F

Sep 13, 2015
Berks County, PA
They had dual level intersection lights and other "yo dog I heard you liked lights, so I put lights on your lights" type things. It was like someone tried to one up the MX7000 while drunk and not even fun drunk. The type of drunk where you think you are creative and all your ideas rule but actually you are just drunk.

and the award for best internet response goes to John

personally i loved these bars but i would always customize them vs the stock options available

CD3

May 25, 2010
USA, CA
John, Yep, Dual intersection lights (For the 360 only) but like I said a few Code 3 rolls and they were done. On the three we had I changed them all out to "Glass D-Tech) on the top (5) Rotators, installed Amber incandescent bulbs in the rear arrowstick with clear lenses, The center, LOWER, I took (2) of those famous "melting lower reflectors", changed the bulbs out to a lower 27-watt Halogens with red lenses and in the lower outer pods, I put in 50-Watt fast rotating lights. I was a pretty neat look.

CD3

May 25, 2010
USA, CA
One last history tid-bit on the Code 360, the bottom, was designed from the roof-line of the 1990's Crown Vic, so it would look better on a curved roof-line, but not on the 1990's Chevy Caprice or any other flattened roof line. John as to your saying were they "drunk", I think "STONED" as Sgt. Joe Friday would say it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.