What kind of steady burn does the Whelen Vertex use?

bluestinger90

Jun 5, 2010
BC / California
Could someone please tell me what kind of steady burn the Whelen Vertex uses? Some led lights do steady burn right, and some do it wrong.

- Starts out full brightness (relative brightness compared to the other normal flash patterns), then dims after a few seconds?

- Starts out at a reduced brightness (something like half power), and stays at the reduced brightness?

I want to use some led haws a turn signal, and originally I wanted to use a feniex cannon. The vertex is another option, pending how it's steady burn is designed.

Kd8bao

Mar 8, 2012
Independence, Ohio
Does it need running light capability?

The cannon will do stay burn on 6 of 12 LEDs if you want. Or even use all 12. It takes them 10 seconds to step down to half power, so they will be full intensity during blinker function

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.