What not to do on your unmarked police car

NFD-102

Aug 1, 2011
NW Connecticut
I saw this "unmarked charger" today online from the Louisville Metro Police Department. I think it looks terrible. I don't have a video for it but I think the picture tells the story.

lm154.jpg

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
Jeez, I wonder how that flashback is on the interior lightbar mounted on the dash....

Ipuvaepe

Jun 25, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Fail with extra failsauce. Splitfail, patternfail, flashbackfail, TIRfail (bumper lights 6" off the ground, half the light (down) is wasted and half the light (up) can only be seen at ineffective distances).

Hell, someone should cite the installer for making a rolling traffic hazard.

Last edited by a moderator:

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
philyumpshus said:
Wow, those Ghosts must be super effective 4 inches off of the ground. :duh:

those are Tir6s. but all in all....what a HORRRRRIBLE display of 'warning lights' :suicide:

01B3000

Jan 4, 2012
New Jersey
lol, some of those lights aren't even straight...

Ipuvaepe

Jun 25, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Wow I see that now.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
I don't need to see a video to figure out how horrible that is! :crazy:

firefightin6

Jun 9, 2011
USA, East Coast
What a wast of a beautiful charger, I would love to have it, it wouldn't look like that....Thats for sure!!

NC lawdog

Sep 12, 2010
North Carolina
Probably had ithe interior light bar in a Crown Vic. When they realized it wouldn't fit in the Charger head liner they just threw it on the dash. Blech!!!

nluszcz

Dec 1, 2011
Kentucky
Its not that bad... the lights are separated from the cab. All you need is the dash light and the two uppers, but the rest sure grab attention. Haven't seen a charger yet, most of their undercover units are mustangs. Can't say I've ever seen any of them operate at night.... mostly they do highway traps on rts 65/64/71 downtown. Jefferson County and Louisville are the same department (well, no, but Louisville patrols all of Jefferson County), so they have a lot of highway to patrol. They sure have a lot of them.... at least three mustangs plus this charger, plus usually another two or three marked following.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CHUCK4850

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.