What to add to a Mini-Liberty?

Krsdog25

Apr 30, 2012
NJ
I have a 22" Mini-Liberty in red/blue, it's a 03/04 ballast model and I want to add additional lighting to the blank sections front and rear. I need suggestions based on what will fit and what will give me the best bang for the buck and I'd like to keep it either red/blue or clear. I know you guys always come through with great ideas so lets hear em. Thanks for the help!

FSEP

Nov 11, 2012
DE
Marvin said:
I was thinking of adding some to mine but when i opened it it doesnt have any other wires than the 4 going to the corners.

You can just get a new flasher to add more... or cheat and hook them together... :bonk:

But to the original question, a lot will fir in their. IMHO, you should put a tir style light head in those spots so you can be seen from a greater distance. I know con3s and ghosts will fit... I'm not sure if T6s would... hmmm

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
You can fit a lin6/500 series in it...to be honest, I think a split R/B linear module would be the best choice b/c it blends in with the rest of the bar & b/c the center space can accommodate a single TD or linear module. You can get linears center modules with built in flash patterns to use as inboards that are all wired inside the bar just to steal an extra amp of juice (this is one of the only times I'd consider a split R/B lighthead b/c it will just extend the footprint of each color...instead of having 12 LEDs of each color flashing to the front/rear, u can have 15 of each color) or you can buy dummy inboards & add an external flasher

Krsdog25

Apr 30, 2012
NJ
I was thinking of either a split lin6 or the dual LR11 setup(SXTLS1D) but I'm curious if I'll need a flasher or how to wire it. I was also thinking about a dual Rect-13 setup but I'm not sure it would fit.

Hoff

Aug 2, 2011
SW Ohio/US
I put the dual lr11 in the front of mine and it looks good. Back is up to you.

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
Front: Single SXTDLED, steady burn red or a split R/B 500 synced with the corners

Rear: Amber TIR6 set on single flash 60

Krsdog25

Apr 30, 2012
NJ
How would I go about syncing a split lin6 to flash with the corners? Is it even possible without a whole lot of rewiring or should I just go with a smart head set to a slow single flash?

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
On the factory liberty flasher, is there a sync with? If so, just sync the head to that. If not, just set to the same pattern. It'll alternate for a while, then simultaneous flash for a bit. Of, just set I to something you like.

billforbush

Jun 10, 2010
Northern Michigan
I have a clear LIN6 500 head in the front center set to a very fast flash pattern (almost looks like a preemption strobe) and an amber in the rear on single flash 75. Looks great. Another option is a 500 linear strobe. The small 2-head Whelen power supplies fit inside the bar, as would a Patriot supply off the board. I had a liberty with two clear strobes in the center at one time and it looked awesome.

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
You have a ballast bar. You will not be able to sync the center lights with the corners. What you can do is throw a dual LR11 in the front center hooked into a ULF44 (flasher w/TD override) and put in a smart TIR6 to the rear on a fast single flash to extend the light out put and have an amber light which is good for inclement weather.

Krsdog25

Apr 30, 2012
NJ
emtanderson51 said:
You have a ballast bar. You will not be able to sync the center lights with the corners. What you can do is throw a dual LR11 in the front center hooked into a ULF44 (flasher w/TD override) and put in a smart TIR6 to the rear on a fast single flash to extend the light out put and have an amber light which is good for inclement weather.

Excellent, this was the answer I was looking for. Wasn't sure if there was any way to sync with a ballast bar, and good to know that the ULF44 is the way to go with the LR11's. Thanks for your help!

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
im working on doing a mini liberty right now. Im adding the dual LR11s to the front center module and 1 in each of the alley positions. its 4 amber corners and im gonna add a blue LIN6 to the rear. i want the rear to flash it like this:

mode 1:

A---------

---------A

A---------

---------A

mode 2:

A--------A

----B----

A--------A

----B----

what flasher will i need to make this work? i also want to get the cruise light feature. do i need a liberty flasher? or should i use something else ? Eventually i want to rewire my entire truck to sync with a few ULF flashers, including the modules in the mini libby.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHarrold000

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.