what to do to a 2005 explorer

emtmike

May 24, 2010
brooklyn,ny
well the plans on the impala were scraped, i purchased an 05 explorer, and wondering what to do in the lighting dept.

in the rear tail lights i was thinking 4 strobes in the x pattern, or looking at led haw red/blue

in the headlights hlf and corner strobes

rear window- i have a 5 head sho me bar r/a/b/a/r or top and a rw bw led gen 1 lights for the bottom of the window

front window-thinking about an ilb maybe the linz6 inner edge, or possibly 2 rw dual talons and a tir6 slimlighter in the middle like rwrrwr dual talon slimlighter dual talon, for the dash i was thinking a firebeam on the dash.

now for the grille- i have a push bumper on the truck i have 2 lin grille lights i was going to put on the push bumper and 2 tir3 on the side for intersection lights,

i have a few other toys laying around ,

let me know what you think regarding the set up more or less lights, different set up, led lightbar or dominators front and back?

comments and ideas much appreciated

May 22, 2010
New York City
front- HLF,Corner Strobes,2 400 series red in grill housings on grill guard,2 white impaxx on side of grill guard

2 slimlighters r/w on the top of the headlines

firebeam on dash

rear-

haw leds r/b - rev lights

tam83 traffic director

2 linz6 red on lic plate

sides: optional

r/w tir6 slimlighter in each rear cargo window

mike, trust me its more than enough for hatzolah, you dont need as much rear as you think....

call me i got alot of things on special if you need !!

cbpdogboy

May 23, 2010
Detroit, MI
Just a quick comment...Put the tir style lights forward and the lin style lights on the side of the pushbumper for better inersection converage...IMO

emtmike

May 24, 2010
brooklyn,ny
chpdogboy my tir3 i rather have as intersection , because i have lin9 the will go on the pb, and 911, im trying to use mostly what i have now without going all out and buying more

emtmike

May 24, 2010
brooklyn,ny
911 said:
front- HLF,Corner Strobes,2 400 series red in grill housings on grill guard,2 white impaxx on side of grill guard

2 slimlighters r/w on the top of the headlines

firebeam on dash

rear-

haw leds r/b - rev lights

tam83 traffic director

2 linz6 red on lic plate

sides: optional

r/w tir6 slimlighter in each rear cargo window

mike, trust me its more than enough for hatzolah, you dont need as much rear as you think....

call me i got alot of things on special if you need !!

even on the phone you have been against me doing the strobes to the rear, but why?????? also i have all the equip that i stated but the hlf

grfd711

Jun 23, 2010
Sherwood, AR
Your setup you've thought about seems pretty good IMO. As far as things you've said "or" about, here's my input:

Don't do HAW LEDs, they'll suck during the day. Go for HAW strobes and try to get them around 20 watts each so they'll definitely be seend during the day.

For your front warning, I'd go for your pair of dual talons and the slimlighter. Will be effective as an interior bar, will give you both TIR and LIN lighting and if you're worried about budget, will be cheaper than an interior bar.

For your back window, if you've already got the LED stick to toss back there and like it, stick with it. That combined with HAW strobes should do great.

Regarding your lower front area, the HLF, grille LEDs and LEDs to the side of the brush guard sounds good.

cbpdogboy

May 23, 2010
Detroit, MI
For the rear, use some existing lights that you have and mount them on a license plate bracket like I did...

Just make your own for less than $5.00 like I did...same results...

ai286.photobucket.com_albums_ll119_cbpdogboy1_DSCN0494_1.jpg

fp13-2

May 20, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
I have Vertexes in the reverse lights of my 2002 Explorer in Red, at a 45 degree angle, and they are good during the day, and great at night, IMHO.

asweezy

May 20, 2010
Wellsville, NY
My 2005 Explorer I have

Knock Off Talons upper Passanger side of windshield and center lower Red / White

Whelen HLF

2 Whelen TIR3s Mounted in area near fog lights

Flasher connected to factory foglights

HAWs in corners

500 series strobes in Grill

Siren Speaker Behind Grill

Code 3 Single LEDX mounted in side windows

Federal Signal LED Traffic Advisor In Back

2 Pimp Pods on rear hatch Red/BLue Yes I drilled into body to mount them

HAWs in taillights

Also have a Code 3 LEDx Double Red/Red that was below TA but it was to cluttered so that will be mounted on Grill Guard.

emtmike

May 24, 2010
brooklyn,ny
i dont really like license plate leds, not really a fan, i rather push my resources upfront to be better seen , also not sure anymore between the rumbler or howler, and between the linz6 dp8 or the tomar rect 13 8 head bar

emtmike

May 24, 2010
brooklyn,ny
both, i repsond to the scene , which could be anywhere from a house to a highway, or to the ambulance parkinglot where the lights would obviously turned off, unless i was to park out on the street , then they would stay on

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.