What to do

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
What should the future of this poor site be? I was thinking of making it an interactive collector blog... but who knows I haven't been around in ages.

Reactions: StEaLtH2

Dave F

Sep 13, 2015
Berks County, PA
i wasnt sure if this was a classic john late night rambling, or a legit question

i love the site as is, there will always be a need for a forum such as this, and we’ve built a great base with a wealth of knowledge here

however, i also realize knowledge cant keep the lights on, and i know theres a signifigant cost to running the joint. i am no tech guru so i wouldnt even know where to begin to make suggestions for driving
more funds into the pool.

so this was my humble .02 on the matter

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
If I may be so bold...what does it cost to keep the lights on? There are ways for the site to make enough money to break even - unless the goal is to profit, which makes it a little harder.

SEPD_52

Dec 24, 2014
Illinois
It wouldn't be popular, but to add to EMT-BLS' post... Depending on what the total cost is shat about changing the site into a yearly (or whatever term) paid membership site or maybe only have certain areas fall under the paid membership? There are a lot site users so if everyone paid a nominal fee I the user end cost would be low and it would adequately fund the website operations while allowing access to a wealth of knowledge and emergency equipment networking.

My unpopular 0.02...

Reactions: Tony P

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
@SEPD_52 there already are levels of paid membership. Opens up the ring, more message storage and one or two other things depending on level..

Silver, gold, Platinum

Reactions: Dave F

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
It wouldn't be popular, but to add to EMT-BLS' post... Depending on what the total cost is shat about changing the site into a yearly (or whatever term) paid membership site or maybe only have certain areas fall under the paid membership? There are a lot site users so if everyone paid a nominal fee I the user end cost would be low and it would adequately fund the website operations while allowing access to a wealth of knowledge and emergency equipment networking.

My unpopular 0.02...

And that's what I was reffering too..;)

Reactions: SEPD_52 and Dave F

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.