What wiring should I buy to install this siren and speaker

Stimpy911

Nov 23, 2011
USA / Michigan
I am installing this siren and speaker in my 2007 Silverado later on today. I am going to need to go the hardware store and buy some speaker wire and wiring for the siren.

Thanks in advance.

Siren.jpg

Speaker.jpg

Kd8bao

Mar 8, 2012
Independence, Ohio
What ever size is hanging out of the back of the siren box. Use the same and you will be fine. Looks like 12ga primary for power and at least a 14ga or bigger for speaker.

Squad-6

May 21, 2010
N. GA
To be completely honest, 14ga would work for power and 16ga for the speaker however the 12ga and 14ga is how most would do it for good measure and make sure any loss is compensated for.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
I've used lamp cord wire with no problems.

Can get it at any hardware store or Agaway.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
No, not really, but you should be able to find it like I said at a local hardware store or someplace that sells building supplies,or a electrical supply center.

Stimpy911

Nov 23, 2011
USA / Michigan
Siren and speaker installed today. The speaker was bolted on the extra empty battery bracket in my left engine compartment. I am not happy with the wiring from the engine compartment to the cab however. My buddy and I could not find a spot to route my wires through easily or without drilling a new hole. So, for the time being the wires are routed up the left side through the spacing in the door. I took the fuse panel off and routed the wiring through there and put the box back on. Then I tied the wiring under neath the dash and attached to the siren. Until I can figure out a better wiring option for my 2007 Silverado this will have to do. I will take a picture tomorrow and post.

Knight347

Oct 25, 2012
Murfreesboro TN
Look behind the dash on the firewall to the left of the steering column, there should be a gromet that other wires go through already, use a tool and pull wire through.

efdny2003

Apr 18, 2011
united states, ny
Knight347 said:
Look behind the dash on the firewall to the left of the steering column, there should be a gromet that other wires go through already, use a tool and pull wire through.

Just what I was going to say, somewhere in the firewall is at least one rubber gromet with the main wiring harness going through. Depending how that's run you can try to get it through with the rest of the wiring, or make a small slit and pull the wire through. The rubber will seal around it and you won't have to worry about making or sealing any new holes.

theroofable

May 23, 2010
New Jersey
If I remember correctly there is a box on the floor that you have to remove to gain access to the engine compartment without drilling any holes.

Stimpy911

Nov 23, 2011
USA / Michigan
It was getting really cold outside so maybe I will pull the truck in the warm garage at work and check underneath my dash a little better. I do see a black box underneath on the left hand side.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.