What works on removing old stickers or tape from lenses.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
So not trying to screw up a vintage dome, that some IDIOT note the capitalization stuck a tag on the dome and does not want to come off.

What works? tried some Isopropyl alcohol but didnt really get anywhere.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
I sometimes wonder if the adhesive on some labels and stickers slightly softens the surface of some plastics, making removal really difficult and leaving behind an imprint of the label or decal.

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
Have you tried rain x?? I have recently found it helps to remove glue residue off paint, it might work on the lenses since it's denatured alcohol.

redrdr67

May 21, 2010
USA CA/LA
Try duct tape. Stick on the residue, pull off. Repeat with new piece of duct tape every time, until all of the residue is gone. Worked on a lot of sticker/label residue

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Tried the Duct tape trick, no dice, then went with the Novus 2 and again no dice. Dabbled some WD-40 on it and let it sit for about 10 min. Came right off, I don't see any adverse effects to the dome, but will probably give it a polish with Novus 2 just to wrap it up.

bpollard

Jun 13, 2010
USA, SC
Tried the Duct tape trick, no dice, then went with the Novus 2 and again no dice. Dabbled some WD-40 on it and let it sit for about 10 min. Came right off, I don't see any adverse effects to the dome, but will probably give it a polish with Novus 2 just to wrap it up.
WD 40 will fix anything

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.