What's this worth?

May 16, 2010
Torrington, WY
So I am attending the law enforcement academy once again and noticed this in their vehicle garage. I was going to see if I could acquire it. I'm just curious what's it worth in case they ask me a price or something. Also any information on it would be great.

cmb56

May 22, 2010
Norrköping, Sweden
The can lights was originally made by Trio Sales as model T-2 and was sold by Signal-Stat in white and used on the NYPD bar.

DO NOT tell the seller this but these lights when sold as ”Adam 12” lights in black, as used by the LAPD, they go for way more money.

Make a deal that you can live with and you can either have it as is or you can make a NYPD bar of it.
You need two Signal-Stat 374 with clear lenses and red/clear sealed beams (4416/4416R or 7400/7400R).
The NYPD bar had red to the front and amber to the rear.
I am not sure if it was 4001R to the front and 4434A to the rear.

Michael

Reactions: Maxim2Eng

Crownfire

Jun 23, 2011
USA CA
If those are genuinely Trio T-2 lights (should be stamped in the top of the housing) do whatever you have to do to take them home. They are valuable and are increasing in value every day.

dg0223

Feb 20, 2011
USA/Texas
At first I thought you had found a CHP-style A-Bar, but I was wrong. It looks as if this shop-made CHP bar was not one single can light back and front, but two separate lights per side.216985

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
At first I thought you had found a CHP-style A-Bar, but I was wrong. It looks as if this shop-made CHP bar was not one single can light back and front, but two separate lights per side.View attachment 216985

@dmathieu They are definitely the can style bulb mounts. Look closely at the blue side. Has a long, cylindrical profile.

@hawkspringsfire If you can grab that bar, try your damnedest to do it. That's one I wouldn't let slip away :D!

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
I believe you are right, Dan. CHP did experiment with a few T-2 style lighting setups. Pretty sure this 1974 Dodge Monaco is sporting one.

View attachment 217002

If they added a 2 or 4 beam red beacon to the middle, that would've worked out nicely!

dg0223

Feb 20, 2011
USA/Texas
The bar in post #6 look like can also, unless it is illusion. Looks just like the bar in the original post.

That's what I was thinking. And @CrownVic97, I didn't even think to look at the reflection in the hood. With the OP being from Wyoming, it would stand to reason this might have been a CHP bar that found its way east a bit.

Reactions: CrownVic97

dg0223

Feb 20, 2011
USA/Texas
And it's definitely a shop-made, after-the-car-entered-service install. The 77-78 in the picture I posted has the rear deck lights. The rear deck lights were only installed in cars that were slicktops. Cars with lightbars didn't have the rear deck red/amber lights.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.