Whelen 295HFSA1 problem

bsr26

Sep 17, 2010
Charleston, SC
Like the title says I am having an issue with my 295HFSA1 siren. The box will turn on and I can hear a pop from the speaker, but no other functions work. Have tried all of the positions, horn & manual buttons and the PA mic. Nothing works. Any help would be great! The 20a fuse in the back is good.

bsr26 said:
Like the title says I am having an issue with my 295HFSA1 siren. The box will turn on and I can hear a pop from the speaker, but no other functions work. Have tried all of the positions, horn & manual buttons and the PA mic. Nothing works. Any help would be great! The 20a fuse in the back is good.

Do your SI TEST to check the siren, if that tests good then you have a speaker or wiring problem.

See page 5. http://www.whelen.com/install/141/14109.pdf

bsr26 said:
I got no lights, so that's probably not a good sign...

No lights typically means you have a bad speaker or connection to the speaker. Can you hear the box making any noise when you try to use it?

KAdams327 said:
No lights typically means you have a bad speaker or connection to the speaker. Can you hear the box making any noise when you try to use it?

I don't hear anything from within the box when I try to use it. And as I mentioned I don't think it's the speaker because I can hear a pop when I turn the box on, but I may very well be wrong. I have a friend that is going to loan me another siren box in the mean time, so I suppose I can check whether or not the speaker is good with this box at that point.

Thanks for the help, and am open to more!!!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lightbar startup