Whelen 5000-2 Commander strobe (low/high intensity switch)

Jun 18, 2013
PA
So this obviously was never intended to be exposed to the elements.. so a dash light? Pretty big for one if that is the case..

Jun 18, 2013
PA
They mounted them on the roof like that

So how did they prevent moisture from seeping into the unit via the toggle switch?

kerry4951

Mar 10, 2014
Central Pa
We arent sure why this was done but two very knowledgeable Whelen guys feel that it was factory performed and possibly a prototype. The next generation 5200s were available with an outside intensity switch.

cmb56

May 22, 2010
Norrköping, Sweden
My 5200 was originally a magnetic light and the cable was routed through the hole for the high/low switch so the switch was omitted on that version.
I did not like the magnetic apperance so I removed everything of that. It looked very ”home made” but was most probably factory made.

By the way, do someone here have a spare high/low switch that you might part with?
I should love to have the light correct with this switch in its place.

Michael

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tommy_adams

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.