Whelen 5200 PA or 5200 PAGL Strobe II

i_b_laxin

Sep 14, 2010
Louisville, KY
Im restoring an 86 Ford Crown Vic, and trying to get the original light that was on the car. Im looking for a Whelen 5200 PA or PAGL (BLUE LENS)to buy, the PAGL had the take down lights in it and looked like darf vador. If anyone know's where i can buy one it would be greatly appreciated, ive been searching but have no luck yet on finding any. Thanks.

Reactions: StEaLtH2

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
The PAGL, or "Darth Vader", Whelen strobe beacon is highly sought after by die-hard Whelen collectors (not meaning that in a bad way to those who do Whelen collecting here on the boards :lol: ;) :D ). If you managed to find one, be prepared to take a probable hit in the wallet, because they are getting harder and harder to find in good condition. John Marcson is one of a few Whelen gurus on here. He may be able to help you out with more info on these beacons. The Whelen 5200 PA may be a bit easier to find, IMO. Good luck!

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
CrownVic97 said:
The PAGL, or "Darth Vader", Whelen strobe beacon is highly sought after by die-hard Whelen collectors (not meaning that in a bad way to those who do Whelen collecting here on the boards :lol: ;) :D ). If you managed to find one, be prepared to take a probable hit in the wallet, because they are getting harder and harder to find in good condition. John Marcson is one of a few Whelen gurus on here. He may be able to help you out with more info on these beacons. The Whelen 5200 PA may be a bit easier to find, IMO. Good luck!

5200s are able to be found from time to time for $150-$300... the vador light is on of the most rare collectable lights around.

There is a new regular 5200 here for $700.. a little high in my opinion

http://www.fentonfire.com/antique_fire_ ... p?lid=2153

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
You mean one of these????

I have a few... but none that are for sale at this time. They are some of my favorite pieces.

ai93.photobucket.com_albums_l41_Pimpala03_collection_5200PA_CommanderWall.jpg

And here's a DV light...

ai93.photobucket.com_albums_l41_Pimpala03_DVlight_whelenvadar1.jpg

i_b_laxin

Sep 14, 2010
Louisville, KY
Thanks i appreciate the info.... i'll take any one of them that i can get just to get the car restored and complete with the original 5200 pa strobe light. Nice collection of them btw, seeing those sure does make you appreciate them, they sure were a popular light back in the day. If anyone happens to come across one that has blue lens please let me know. Thanks.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.