Whelen 5200 PAGL - KSP Light

kerry4951

Mar 10, 2014
Central Pa
You are a lucky fellow. They are very rare and very much sought after. Great catch!!
I suspect finding those take down lights will be a difficult task as from what I hear they are very rare also.

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
Wow, what a find! One of the rarest and most sought-after collector's pieces out there! Fortunately for you, it shouldn't be nearly as difficult to find the takedowns as it is to find the light itself. I suggest contacting Whelen directly and asking them if they have any information on the light.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I have some takedowns, no lenses.... but micromax lenses are what it took I think

ford-dealer

Sep 2, 2010
San Antonio
The takedowns are in fact the same standard 3x4 (Micro-MaxBeam) light used as alley lights in the Edge 9000 series. Keep in mind that you will also want to acquire some little springs to go around the takedown light mounting screws. The springs will suspend the lights away from the housing itself, allowing for vertical and horizontal "Aiming Adjustment".

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
Cant wait to see some pics when its complete. Including on the 86 Crown Vic from your original want ad. I'd wire a headlight flasher into her, make it over the top fancy! :cool:

Reactions: i_b_laxin

i_b_laxin

Sep 14, 2010
Louisville, KY
Sir, Thanks! I have some parts coming for the takedowns. Hopefully, they will look as close to the original takedowns and ready to mount. I'll post pics real soon! :)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.