For Sale Whelen 8038

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mustang302

Nov 26, 2011
Waterbury, CT
Lenses are in great shape like new,

Whelen 8038 2-360 4-180 cruise all blue..round amber filter on pass side 48 inch w mounts works great 350.00 plus shipping or local pick up waterbury​

Attachments

• IMG_7579.JPG
    IMG_7579.JPG
    169.8 KB · Views: 78

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I am very interested and willing to pay for well packed shipping to 43402.

Reactions: ur20v

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
At least it's going to a good home. I'll find one someday when the money's burning a hole in my pocket.
And when that time comes I will probably still have more of these than my wife thinks is appropriate and will be able to help you find out.

• Haha
Reactions: Dave F and ur20v

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I own zero 8000 series bars and my wife probably thinks that's too many!
I think the number of vintage lights I own became an issue when the fourth digit rolled over on the total collection. I really need to organize, I have ten or more half finished projects that I don't have room to work on.

ur20v

Feb 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
The only lightbar in my collection that I have multiples of (other than for parts or resale) are Whelen Responders. They came in so many variations and a whole bunch of different ones were available to me during my peak collecting period that I couldn't help myself. I still don't have all the Responders I want for my collection, either. The triple rotator Responders always seem to elude me, much like the triple Dashmisers. And I just want one damn AdvantEdge, but I haven't seen one for sale in over 6 years.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
The only lightbar in my collection that I have multiples of (other than for parts or resale) are Whelen Responders. They came in so many variations and a whole bunch of different ones were available to me during my peak collecting period that I couldn't help myself. I still don't have all the Responders I want for my collection, either. The triple rotator Responders always seem to elude me, much like the triple Dashmisers. And I just want one damn AdvantEdge, but I haven't seen one for sale in over 6 years.
I just got one more responder I didn't have, I own about 100 responder bars now. I might have an extra 3 rotator one somewhere too but I think all my 3 rotator ones have different rotator or dome styles (meaning I want both).. I am only missing a few bars now... see below for what I got and what I need... they are similar.

respio.JPGresp2.JPG

ur20v

Feb 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
I just got one more responder I didn't have, I own about 100 responder bars now. I might have an extra 3 rotator one somewhere too but I think all my 3 rotator ones have different rotator or dome styles (meaning I want both).. I am only missing a few bars now... see below for what I got and what I need... they are similar.

View attachment 235912View attachment 235913
Dammit, now there are a few more to add to my need list. I have a later style version of the top model (outer dome like the bottom pic but both strobes have standard lenses, not beehive shaped), but no strobe and rotator combos (except for a couple of very early Responders with the PAR36 strobe in the center). I believe I have examples of all three rotator styles and all three outer dome shapes.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Dammit, now there are a few more to add to my need list. I have a later style version of the top model (outer dome like the bottom pic but both strobes have standard lenses, not beehive shaped), but no strobe and rotator combos (except for a couple of very early Responders with the PAR36 strobe in the center). I believe I have examples of all three rotator styles and all three outer dome shapes.
Yeah, there were a lot of types between Austin and Whelen. When you take frame and rotator types into account you get almost 4 times the number of models. The ones I pictured with the self contained 1000 series 360 strobes were pretty terrible compared to a true respond-a-strobe and the models with two 360 strobes sharing a power supply. They were apparently popular enough to be offered in both the last year of the old style dome/rotator and the first year of the large dome with the advantage gen 2 rotators. I believe they were phased out before the next rotator type.

PS - sorry for hijacking this thread but I did offer to buy the item for sale.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
all discussions should be taken to a private message soas to not jijack the

oh

oh hi john

um

carry on
I was hoping if I hijacked the threat enough OP would sell me the light bar in question......

Also, I did start a new thread for discussing responder types. It is linked above.

Reactions: Dave F
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.