Whelen 9M Edge Strobe Lightbar Help

zakovermyer

Jan 29, 2013
Illinois
Just bought this bar, and was looking for some sort of guidance on how to get it running. I looked at the PDF online and it said the bar has (should have?) an internal power supply. Do I need to get an external one or a strobe pack? I tried a battery charger on the red/black wires, and got nothing. I have attached photos of the wires, as well as the bar itself. This bar came with the SVP siren and speaker shown in the first photo. (Removed from an old Ward LaFrance)

IMG_6495.jpg

IMG_6494.jpg

bigcat

May 20, 2010
Hartford County, CT
It is a 9m. The red and black wires must be hooked up, then attach the trigger wires (the small gauge wires) power. Attach the green, blue, green/black stripe, blue/black stripe, green/white stripe, blue/white stripe to power the strobes (one pair won't be used if it is only eight strobe). White and yellow will do alley lights. I can't remember the colors for takedowns and flashers right now.

twodogs603

Sep 7, 2011
Norfolk,VA
White with black trace activates the takedowns...As previous post said, a battery charger will not supply sufficient juice to power the bar.

Sep 13, 2010
Holland, Michigan
The bare smaller gauge wire goes to ground. Its the "drain" wire. It helps with radio static for mobile radios and your car stereo, because strobe supplies are such high frequency it can cause havoc on radios.

Fixed it for ya.

IMG_6494.jpg

zakovermyer

Jan 29, 2013
Illinois
RBRONKEMA GHTFD said:
The bare smaller gauge wire goes to ground. Its the "drain" wire. It helps with radio static for mobile radios and your car stereo, because strobe supplies are such high frequency it can cause havoc on radios.

Fixed it for ya.

Thanks for that... I tried flipping it on my computer, but it said the file could not be saved due to an error with the file or something...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tommy_adams

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.