Whelen Advantage OSC thread

Shawn L

May 21, 2010
Corbett, Oregon

GSPD

May 21, 2010
NY
I've got a decent shape Advantedge hanging in the garage. It has four rotators and 2 oscillators in the center. Unfortunately, only one oscillator works since the wire shorted out on the other and melted the plastic gear and reflector shaft. I've been looking for a replacement assembly or thinking of parting the light out.

CFD125

May 21, 2010
Carver, Mass.
I have two Boston police Advantedges that I am going to try to restore.

Both have four rotators, alleys, add-on takedowns, add-on flashers, and opticoms.

One of the opticoms is a piercer style, and the other uses the small add-on lights.

i just got four NOS rotators with bases, and motors, but they are an inch taller than the originals. I will have to modify them somehow.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Like all oscillating whelen products, the wires went up inside the oscillating housing. Eventually the wires to the bulbs broke. Intact ones are hard to find. Very cool.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio

Shawn L

May 21, 2010
Corbett, Oregon
on my "rotator trays" the motors are held in with metal wire clips, the plastic tabs that hold the metal retainers have broken, I was able to ziptie the motors back down and get a proper alignment so the lights work. its too bad, that portaion of the set up is kinda cheep, also the mirrors are mostly useless

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.