Whelen Alpha 12 siren amplifier

kustern

Jan 10, 2020
USA Idaho
The unit I have quit working. I have tried to find the cause without luck so far. I can't figure out how the low voltage (5V dc) works or actually how it gets it's input voltage. The voltage regulator (LM78L05) does not get any input voltage (12V dc). When I apply 12V dc at the regulator it works fine and provides 5V dc, but still no sound!

Does anyone have a schematic or any info that may help fixing my unit?

Thanks

kustern

Jan 10, 2020
USA Idaho
pics of the voltage regulator location LM78 and also a pic from the backside of the circuit board with some notes of measurements I have done

Attachments

• LM78L05.jpg
    LM78L05.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 10
  • cb-back.jpg
    cb-back.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 10

kustern

Jan 10, 2020
USA Idaho
There is a Tyco relay that connects one point to 12v battery power and I feel this should also provide power to the LM78L05 voltage regulator! I can only measure connection to one point that doesn't go to any component! What am I missing??

Attachments

• cb-back_2.jpg
    cb-back_2.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 1

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.