Wanted Whelen amp connector pins

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 21, 2010
Minnesota
I have purchased them pretty cheap on fleabay in the past. Might be worth a peek if ya cant find em elsewhere.

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
Thanks JRT. I did this but the ones I picked up are not a true match for the whelen amp connectors. The pins have a slightly greater diameter.

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
Thanks JRT. I did this but the ones I picked up are not a true match for the whelen amp connectors. The pins have a slightly greater diameter.
Bummer. It has been several years since I bought mine. If I can dig up the details of where I got them (from ebay) I'll let ya know. I used them for a Whelen strobe supply I picked up without any plugs or wiring.

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
I bought mine from digi key... I'll try and find the part numbers if I can... Actually didn't we do this listing before I think it was in my listing quite a few months ago

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
I bought mine from digi key... I'll try and find the part numbers if I can... Actually didn't we do this listing before I think it was in my listing quite a few months ago
If you can find information on a supplier, that would be great. I usually go to a local surplus store called Skycraft, but if I can order on-line, that would be better.

Thanks

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
Also what gage does whelen usually use, 18-24AWG or the 14-20AWG. I want to make sure they fit the amp connectors I have.

Thank you.

RS485

Supporting Donor
Aug 5, 2019
Central MA
Also what gage does whelen usually use, 18-24AWG or the 14-20AWG. I want to make sure they fit the amp connectors I have.

Thank you.
Hmm -- sorry about broken links! They don't work for me either (they did when I prepared 'em this post).

Here are the digikey part numbers...just go to DigiKey, search for them and you should go right to the part:
14-20 Gauge M/F:
A1420-ND or A97887CT-ND
A1421-ND

18-24 Gauge M/F:
A1422-ND
A1423-ND

All of these fit in this family of AMP connectors (housings) that Whelen typically uses here - whether the connector is for a strobe or a control outlet. I've used these for 2-pin, 3-pin...up to 12-pin housings with no problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: jdh
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.