Whelen Avenger II

TACKLEBERRY

Sep 20, 2010
Norton, MA
DAMN... Not what I was expecting. NH State Police have been running dual ION based dash light and I was expecting something based on that. Unfortunately, it looks like cut the LED count down to 6? The current single color Avengers have 8 LEDs.

emt111

Jun 10, 2011
New York
if you look at the close up pictures on Facebook, I think there's six on the single. The dual avenger pictured above appears to have 9 LEDs a head, but that may depend on how many colors you have in a head

Kevin K.

May 23, 2010
Northampton County, PA, USA
NH State Police have been running dual ION based dash light and I was expecting something based on that.

Ever since the ION family was released, I thought about Whelen bringing back the Dash-King light housing and stuffing two ION lightheads inside. Is this what the NHSP are running in their vehicles?

I do like the Avenger II, especially with the integrated LR11 takedown modules. I wonder if the LR11 modules can be had in red or blue (or amber), similar to the perimeter lightheads with linear and TIR optics.

There's another product just released: the ION T-Series Linear lighthead: http://www.whelen.com/auto/product.php?head_id=12&cat_id=74&prod_id=726. Looks quite familiar, haha.

I'm still waiting for the ION-based Dominator ... what are they waiting for?

Last edited:

TACKLEBERRY

Sep 20, 2010
Norton, MA
They're up on the Whelen website.

Kinda disappointed...Actually, let me rephrase. Very Disappointed.

It appears the Single, DUO, and TRIO all have the same total of LEDs, which is twelve. Now now for the single color, this is awesome and I'm sure it will pack a punch in a windshield or from behind tint. ...but for the DUO and TRIO...looking at the pics, that's a different story. Only having 2 LEDs in that large linear reflector and then the two TIR at either end with all that space, I just don't see it being effective.

...but maybe I'll be proved wrong once I get my hands on one.

Reactions: Buckypmp

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
They're up on the Whelen website.

Kinda disappointed...Actually, let me rephrase. Very Disappointed.

It appears the Single, DUO, and TRIO all have the same total of LEDs, which is twelve. Now now for the single color, this is awesome and I'm sure it will pack a punch in a windshield or from behind tint. ...but for the DUO and TRIO...looking at the pics, that's a different story. Only having 2 LEDs in that large linear reflector and then the two TIR at either end with all that space, I just don't see it being effective.

...but maybe I'll be proved wrong once I get my hands on one.
The single have 6 diodes, DUO 12 and TRIO 18....

TACKLEBERRY

Sep 20, 2010
Norton, MA

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
I have a single TRIO and Tackleberry is correct on the diode count. I was skeptical and somewhat disappointed until I turned it on...doesn't compare to a LED spotlight or full bar scene but the white is remarkably bright...as are the other 2 colors. The single color model is basically too bright.

LinTir

Jun 7, 2016
Germany
Hey guys.
Quick questions.
I wanted to go with the Avenger II SOLO.
Currently i use the previous version of the Single Avenger.
Is it worth to upgrade?
Is the 2nd generation brighter than the 1st?
I like the big bulky light output from the 1st generation.
I use it in a smaller European FORD behind the windshield on the driver side headliner.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.