Whelen Avenger VS FedSig Viper S2

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
Avenger, cheaper, and about the same amount of brightness! Plus its easier to find parts for them.

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
Well you din't ask that at first, Wasn't there a topic on this on the old board? I think someone made a video and they were both about equal.

Pimp did one of the talon vs the viper, its on youtube.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
both the same pretty much. Avenger has MORE patterns.

I own a viper s2

Richard P

May 23, 2010
Sudbury, On
I find the viper S2 brighter, off axis is hase the same brightness, whereas the avenger/talon keeps brightness but loses that snapping punch.

plus, with the viper, youre not going to have sun wash-out, since the leds/reflector face up or down, youre choice.

Klein

May 22, 2010
Texas
Straight on center both bright but any other angle the Viper S2 takes the cake. Depending on what FS light it is that has the Solaris Tech in it will depend on the position the light needs to be. IE ILS leds on bottom, Legend LEDs on top, Impaxx must be mounted with LEDs on top. They cannot be flipped flopped.if you really pay attention and move the heads around you can tell a difference in brightness. I have seen both in person and the avenger is just far inferior to the Viper.

chono

Jun 5, 2010
Midwest
Both have plenty of brightness. Its more of which manufacturer you prefer. Both will get the job done.

I personally would chose the vipers but the avenger works just as good.

mcpd2025

May 20, 2010
Maryland, USA
I compared them right next to each other and they are both equally bright to me. I have absolutely no brand loyalty at all, I got the Viper for a good price, so I bought it. The flash patterns were pretty boring to me though. A local member here had an Avenger and wanted to trade for the Viper... I liked the Whelen flash patterns better, so I traded. You can't go wring with either light.

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
I really like Whelen products, but got a dual viper for $100 so I decided to try it out. I love it, just which it had better/ more patterns.

Sigma Safety

May 21, 2010
western Canada
Klein said:
....Depending on what FS light it is that has the Solaris Tech in it will depend on the position the light needs to be. IE ILS leds on bottom, Legend LEDs on top, Impaxx must be mounted with LEDs on top. They cannot be flipped flopped....

Huh?? Sure they can. You can mount them LEDs facing up or down - doesn't affect the intensity. Same with the Viper S2's - there is no perceptible difference.

Klein

May 22, 2010
Texas
leftcoastmark said:
Huh?? Sure they can. You can mount them LEDs facing up or down - doesn't affect the intensity. Same with the Viper S2's - there is no perceptible difference.

Typed a whole page's worth and just gave up. People are gonna think what they want regardless.

cybercop

May 31, 2010
USA, TX/South
I've had both and now only have the Avenger. I thought the Avenger was a little brighter, but also prefered the cigar plug on the Avenger with momentary switch for pattern changes as opposed to the button on the Viper, the Avengers patterns, and the overall feel of the Avenger.

Agent72

May 27, 2010
US Florida
I have both lights and have had both mounted in my patrol vehicle. I personally think the Viper is slightly brighter as the optics are better. With the Viper, the led light comes from the bottom and is reflected up and out with mirror reflectors, allowing for all the light to be dispered as a whole footprint, where the Avenger has the linear optics directly in front of the leds, which then disperses the light outward. The flash patterns and mounting is much better with the Avenger, but both will def get the job done. Viper is slightly cheaper i think, but the price difference is not enough to make a huge difference.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.