WHELEN BL405A B LINK

Muxlow

Jun 2, 2010
Middlesex/ontario
Have a question about these things..

I got 2 brand new sealed in the bag units. Figured it would be easy to wire up 4 rear lights to 1 box, and 2 front lights to another.. all halogen. Seems simple. Red power wires to 12v and 2 black wires to ground, connect the + - of the lights to the red/white wires and your off to the races... but that snot the case here

How in the F do these work? I hear no relay clicking or anything.. no voltage on the output wires either. Unit is getting power and fuse is good.. yet nothing is going on

Dip switch 1 is set with the rest in the opposite position for running 1 box (for now) and still nothing. User manual is very not helpful for this. What am i missing in this simple operation haha

Muxlow

Jun 2, 2010
Middlesex/ontario
That would be nothing. It was listed on ebay as a ambulance 4 output flasher unit.. So i just assumed it was a stand alone unit as it appeared as such

Just had the box wired up to 4 halogen par46 lights

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
You need a blink controller that’s programmed to recognize n control them. They’re not stand alone. MPC01,02 or 03

Seth

Muxlow

Jun 2, 2010
Middlesex/ontario
..well shit. Useless to me then. Was hoping they were just a 4 output halogen flasher unit. Mount the box in the trunk and wire the lights up to it and power via a switch and all is good.

Back to my 1st plan of using 4 head light flasher units. This is for a 1988 cop car rebuild

Need 2 rear roofbar lights and 2 rear deck lights to flash together. 2 front roof lights on their own.

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
Funny I have a controller but no clues what it's programmed to and don't have access to the programmer so I just use the siren and airhorn and Pa off it till I can, I have the bl627 and isp188 together on it for when it is, just independently switched now

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
If you request the software from Whelen they’ll send it to you for free. I built a programmer for the mpc01 for about 20 bucks... if you want to go down that route. Search for Blink programmer threads. You’ll find it here.

Good luck,
Seth

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
I actually did the search and my buddy is supposedly having trouble getting the rs485 part so I can program it, so still a waiting game... Ugh!!

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA

There’s some good info here...

Seth

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
Nevermind, gotta cut my twisted pair to jump to my 188, got it all programmed, but the 188 isn't doing what I programmed it to do. Got to check it's address.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.