Wanted: Vintage Whelen Cal-Spec Dual Dash Master Red/Blue Strobe

If I recall correctly, the halogen version was marketed as the Dash-Flasher.
Right, but he is looking for a version with a single strobe and one CA steady burn red. I'm not sure what they even called it because I honestly haven't even seen a model number in a catalog, it was special order. That version would still be a dashmaster though, as it was primarily strobe. Mine just says "Dashmaster II" on it with a tiny "C" written on the serial number. It's a dual dashmaster housing with a single dashmaster power supply and a single micromax steady halogen. I'm not sure what they even called it because I honestly haven't even seen a model number in a catalog, it was special order. You can make one too if you have a working single and a working dual model plus a micromax halogen.

They also had a similar one that was a dash flasher in the sense that it had a single flashing halogen light and a steady burn halogen light. Same deal there, it's just a dual dash flasher with only one of the lights flashing. The serial number just has a "C" as well. The only factory CA version they advertised was the single steady burn halogen version.

The CA version listed in the catalog, the DMH.
DMH.png

Last edited:
Reactions: StEaLtH2
Looking for a Whelen Dash Master California-Spec Steady Red and Blue Strobe model.

Also looking for an Whelen Red/Blue Dual Dash Master Halogen Flasher model
Like I mentioned above, I'm not 100% sure these were manufactured outside special orders. If you buy a single strobe version and a dual halogen version you can make one and have a leftover single housing and dual flasher board to sell. The tag on mine just has a "C" written in after the serial number.

I remember buying 2 Cal version DashMaster IIs each in claer/red back in the early to mid 90s.
They exist, I just have never seen them listed as an official product.

I've seen them in the GSA Catalog back in the 1990s. DEA ran them.
I know that they existed, there are plenty of videos showing them installed on vehicles and I'm relatively sure the one I have is factory. But as far as being published in catalogs, I kind of attribute claims of them being published as a Mandela effect until proven otherwise. The reason is because I used to think I had a listing for one and I was actually misreading the catalog. The single CA one's text is on a page where the dual strobe one is pictured. Even the dual CA dashmiser that replaced it (and had a more official model number and tag) aren't really listed in catalogs. I'm not saying I've seen 100% of the Whelen catalogs the for the 7-ish years they were made, but I've seen every full year catalog and numerous individual flyers and sheets for those years and galls catalogs for those years.

Everytime someone says they found it it's actually the single version text description appearing on a page with a picture of the dual version. That actually fooled me and I only noticed my mistake when I made my video. If anyone has a catalog with the dual head CA model I would really like to see it and add it to my collection. This is something I would really like to be wrong about..

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrmills2468