Whelen Cantrol Gen2 vs Gen3??

O2Warnings

Jul 14, 2020
CT
Does anyone know what the difference(s) is between Gen2 and Gen3? There doesn't seem to be any information available, and when initiating Whelen Command, it requires you to select between one or the other. I know the original Cantrol is much different, especially in appearance, to the CantrolWC versions - BUT I would assume that first one would be "Cantrol Gen1"?? Any info is much appreciated.

NoLimitSquads

Feb 11, 2021
Minnesota
Does anyone know what the difference(s) is between Gen2 and Gen3? There doesn't seem to be any information available, and when initiating Whelen Command, it requires you to select between one or the other. I know the original Cantrol is much different, especially in appearance, to the CantrolWC versions - BUT I would assume that first one would be "Cantrol Gen1"?? Any info is much appreciated.
I do know that if you select the wrong one, it wont connect and let you transfer. You could just make a quick program, and try to transfer. Whichever one connects and transfers will be the one that you have. I have very little experience with cantrol, except for a Whelen training class that I took on Command software. We used cantrol devices. I built my program under the wrong gen, and it wouldn’t work.

Reactions: O2Warnings

Tango7

Jul 7, 2020
Chicago Metro Area
I know Command doesn't allow you to pick the original CANTROL or the CANTROL WC Gen 1.

O2Warnings

Jul 14, 2020
CT
yeah - thanks guys, I know which one that we had was now (gen2), but still would like to understand what the difference is between each - especially 2 & 3 (since I know that #1 was programmed via an actual piece of unit specific software vs the current “cloud based” Command version.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.