Whelen Cen Com Gold Software

DFD382

May 25, 2010
SOUTH CAROLINA
firerescue.installs said:
You could get a free one from Whelen. (860)526-9504. Just give them your address and it will be shipped out USPS.
I did this and had it in 2 days.... Best part is it is FREE....

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
When trying to install the Red on a Win7 OS, I'm getting errors. I'm assuming the OS is too new to work with the older software?

bobbyj

May 1, 2012
Bellingham, MA
rwo978 said:
When trying to install the Red on a Win7 OS, I'm getting errors. I'm assuming the OS is too new to work with the older software?

I was able to get the Red software to run on WIN7, but wouldn't communicate with the brain. Had to use an XP VM.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
bobbyj said:
Had to use an XP VM.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: What's this?

This is the error I get. I believe that version is too old to be able to download, as I can't find that version. Will a newer version work?

CCR error.jpg

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
Got it to work, thanks!!!

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
Well, I got it installed I mean... Waiting on the ARM.

What's the XP VM?

bobbyj

May 1, 2012
Bellingham, MA
rwo978 said:
Well, I got it installed I mean... Waiting on the ARM.

What's the XP VM?

Virtual Machine. I'm running a virtual instance of XP on my Mac, and that worked. But I'm also running a virtual instance of WIN7 which did not work. Got the software to load, but wouldn't write/read the cencom.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
OK. Getting the same error, 'unable to communicate'. Solutions?

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
yes. Trying to get the VM to work, but apparently it's not enabled in my BIOS. So, I have to have my brother, who does computer, come over and help troubleshoot.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
Well, if you have Win7 Home Pro, VM is NOT available. You must have Office Pro. Stupid, stupid, stupid... if you ask me. :hopeless: :hopeless:

Thus, had to dig out and OOOOOOOOOOOOOLD XP laptop, only used for my sparse radio programming. Dumped the CCR stuff on there, sent the ARM a default codeplug, and it works, no more scrolling error.

wilsonbr90

Sep 30, 2013
Corning, New York
I couldnt get the gold software to run on 7 or vista. Lucky I have an xp machine for radio programming

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
Red on win7, no. Gold on win7 works fine for me.

tvsjr

Oct 7, 2012
TX
Red won't work on Win7, full stop. You need an XP virtual machine for this. VMware Player works (and is free for non-commercial), VirtualBox should also work.

Reactions: MEVS06

Slimjr414

Jul 22, 2012
Fort myers
Any updates on this? i just got a cencom red and was going to try and program it, getting the same error messages for this, should i just request the cd from Whelen or is that still gonna be an issue to install off the cd?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.