Whelen Cencom Gold TA Option

May 16, 2010
Torrington, WY
Ok as some of you read on my post about the FS TA that I have, I have finally found out the problem. I found out the my Whelen Cencom Gold does not have the TA option :oops: I opened the amp to find that out. The female connection is still on the amp but no wires go into it :? I took some pictures because I found an extra plug that I am not sure what it does (pictrues below). Here is my questions. If I find the other end to that plug on the board will that make the TA function work? Does Whelen offer to add that function for you if you already have the amp? If I am SOL I will hopefully find an amp here or some where to trade for.

ai233.photobucket.com_albums_ee229_hawkspringsfire_th_DSCF0625.jpg

ai233.photobucket.com_albums_ee229_hawkspringsfire_th_DSCF0624.jpg

ai233.photobucket.com_albums_ee229_hawkspringsfire_th_DSCF0623.jpg

ai233.photobucket.com_albums_ee229_hawkspringsfire_th_DSCF0622.jpg

ai233.photobucket.com_albums_ee229_hawkspringsfire_th_DSCF0621.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
May 16, 2010
Torrington, WY
Called Whelen today and found out some good news and bad news. The good news is I will not need to buy a new amp. Whelen will sell me the parts needed to make it control a TA. The pictures above are where the TA part will plug in. It will also come with a new motherboard. The bad news is it will costs over $250 for all the parts needed. I guess that is cheaper than buying a new amp. So if you have a Cencom Gold without the TA feature call Whelen and they will sell you the parts needed! Now I need to save up for the extra $$$. If any Whelen dealers on here can get it cheaper or have them in stock PM ME!!!

H.A.

Jun 24, 2010
Michigan
Don't buy the parts direct from Whelen. Ask them for the part numbers required and go to your nearest distributor. Whelen does not offer discounts off of list to anyone off the street. The pricing you were provided was LIST.

PJH

May 23, 2010
CO Springs&West PointNY
H.A. said:
Don't buy the parts direct from Whelen. Ask them for the part numbers required and go to your nearest distributor. Whelen does not offer discounts off of list to anyone off the street. The pricing you were provided was LIST.

FWIW, Whelen doesn't sell direct to end users anyways :) The usual discount you will find is 40% off the list price.

undercoverinstalls

Sep 8, 2011
nv
I have a cencom gold with TA option and today only the left three TA lights work. No matter what pattern I put it on only the left three work. ANY IDEAS

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.