Whelen CenCom question

bdwhit

Jun 26, 2010
Olathe,Kansas
Are all the TA plugs on Whelen CenComs the same size 12 pin setup? I want to run 8 Linz6 LED heads on a CenCom Saphire as a 'arrowstick/traffic director'. Having problems finding a plug/harness to fit. I would like to run a slightly larger gauge wire on pin #9-16/14ga vs. the 18ga normally used due to the current draw and the length, about 20+ feet. Looking for advice, thanks in advance. BW

Apr 14, 2011
PG county MD
yes they are all the same setup for all of the whelen TA. and the 14g is hella overkill unless you plan on going over 100ft. than i would use 16g maybe. the whole bar uses 4.7 amps on steady burn so it is mush less when running patterns. it is the same plug off of most whelen devices. SLSA6 and so on. they also use the amp style pins. i may have a few plugs and pins lying around.

BTW your 8 head dominator is a 5 wire or 9 wire ?

bdwhit

Jun 26, 2010
Olathe,Kansas
I am not using a dominator, i have a Whelen 'edge' setup w/14 Linz6 heads, and i want to use the top 8 heads as an arrowstick. I have not looked at the existing harness yet, but all the heads are 2 wire. I knew that the current draw would be fairly low, but like to go one gauge larger when I can, cable run will be about 25ft. Thanks for the input. BW

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arnold gonzalez

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.