Wanted WHELEN - Classic or older Patriot ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LANDJET

Apr 30, 2015
Boston USA
got a lightbar recently that ide like to mount on one of my wreckers, we love our older Whelen B-Link ans serial control Liberty's both LED and Strobe!

We recently got our hands on this "Patriot" lightbar from Whelen BUT, it has LED lights weve never seen before in them, so we are guessing they are original style LEDs compared to newer stuff.

This lightbar came off of a Weymouth Massachusetts Fire Alarm Truck and we were told both the truck and the lightbar were gorgeous back in 1994 ? Didnt know this lightbar would be from that era... We thought this stuff came out closer to 2004 ?

Anyways i have a couple pictures to show this LED module and what it looks like.

The bar itself we thought was serial controlled but it turns out its simply set of for flashing and traffic adviser rgiht on the wires and simply tap a pattern changer to get the desired patterns. NOT FUN ! Serial Control is more fun to program our own funky flashes!

We would still love to put this bar up on one of our trucks, but this bar has 6 Red, and 6 Amber lights. Along with the 2 alley and 2 takedowns, that both have simple steady burn and flashing wires that make the alleys lights alternate and the takedowns act the same as well.

We dont know if this bar originally would have been made with the 4 corners or if the current modules just faceing each direction was pretty much it back in the day.

We are looking for the 4 Corners in Amber if we can find them and possible 4-6 more Amber lights to replace the Red ones. We are willing to trade the Reds if they are wanted in the deal for the Amber or purchase them.

We dont know if current LEDs could be used in the same spots as these older light heads.

We also would be looking for either Amber or Clear lenses to replace the Red lenses that cover the Red Lights as well.

No images unless someone has an email to send them too, were not smaht-nuff to figure out how to make the pics smaller, and this site wont allow any of the photos we have taken.

Attachments

• img.JPG
    img.JPG
    197.3 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0097.JPG
    IMG_0097.JPG
    151 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0098.JPG
    IMG_0098.JPG
    155.3 KB · Views: 22
Last edited by a moderator:

Nathan R

Lifetime VIP Donor
Mar 27, 2014
USA
I added your pictures.

IIRC the Patriot didn't appear until ~ 2000-2002.

You CAN replace the old 5mm LED 500 series with the newer versions of 500 Series LED (I did a few years ago, the MOST recent ones I cannot speak to).

Reactions: Tony P
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.