Whelen cross bar with strobe heads (complete setup) video added ON SALE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

empire5150

Aug 13, 2013
NH
Selling this whelen bar I have. It is an original whelen aluminum cross bar complete with gutter clamps. Has 2 whelen strobe heads, a red and a blue. I just installed 2 brand new whelen strobe tubes. I am also including 2 amber domes, 1 (used spare) strobe tube and a whelen UPS 52 power supply. This is a complete and very nice unit. I know nothing about strobes and with a lot of help and advise from John M it is complete and original. With John's advise, Im asking 300 OBO.

https://youtu.be/InzC4HJZckc

IMG_2792.JPG

IMG_2794.JPG

IMG_2795.JPG

IMG_2793.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: oddone and tsquale

empire5150

Aug 13, 2013
NH
Hello. Thanks for the offer. I was hoping for 300 plus shipping but I will definitely give it some thought. Let me see if there is any other interest and ill get back to you. Thanks again...

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
John should have bought this and mounted his two new 5200 strobes on it!
I need to justify why I'm not doing that.. to me and you guys.  :)    To be correct I'd have to rewire them with some 8000 guts.  Two independent beacons that were in the box new...on a crossbar....rewired... I couldn't do it.  Besides if I was going to buy it I wouldn't have sold and shipped him all the parts for it.  Also, I don't collect crossbars as I have to draw the line somewhere. 

This bar is from the pre-valubar /Austin 1988-90 era of these bars.  The power supply is correct.  I supplied OP with catalog scans of both products in the 1990 catalog.  This really is a nice piece of late 80s early 90s Whelen history.

Someone else should buy it.  Someone who likes crossbars.  This is the last of the true main line Whelen crossbars.

Last edited by a moderator:

empire5150

Aug 13, 2013
NH
ON SALE!!! 300 -----INCLUDING------ shipping!!!!

Will be professionally packed and shipped (new box and packing material) at the UPS store.....

Reactions: tsquale
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.