Whelen Crossbar strobe light bar(1-5000, 2-1200s, 2- Solo Strobes)

kerry4951

Mar 10, 2014
Central Pa
Decided to do something a little different and make another Whelen Crossbar and include Whelen Solo Strobes. Center strobe is a Whelen 5000, and the end strobes are Whelen 1200's. Wired together to all work at one time. Each strobe has its own internal power supply, even the solo strobes.

Last edited:

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Unique! It'd be really cool if you could find a perfect clear dome for the 5000, then that lightbar would be pretty vintage Whelen bad-ass ;)

kerry4951

Mar 10, 2014
Central Pa
Unique! It'd be really cool if you could find a perfect clear dome for the 5000, then that lightbar would be pretty vintage Whelen bad-ass ;)

I agree with you. Clear 5000/88 domes are a bugger to find. I have one but its on an old 884 beacon which I wont take apart.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
I agree with you. Clear 5000/88 domes are a bugger to find. I have one but its on an old 884 beacon which I wont take apart.
Watch the internet close and patiently.....you never know!

kitn1mcc

May 24, 2010
Old lyme ct
nice. Most of those older crossbars had one power supply that supplied both heads. the solo strobe was super popular with Tilcon of Ct

kerry4951

Mar 10, 2014
Central Pa
nice. Most of those older crossbars had one power supply that supplied both heads. the solo strobe was super popular with Tilcon of Ct
Thats correct. Today if you want to do a similar bar its easier to go with the self powered 1200 strobes. Much easier to find too. They also usually used the larger Par 46 strobes or the Can strobes for the middle lights too. I had these Solo strobes so I decided to try them for a different look.

Reactions: bparks and StEaLtH2

deelony

May 23, 2010
LINY
Looks great....those old power supplies sounding like a air raid siren lol.

bparks

Jun 4, 2011
USA CT/New London
Thats correct. Today if you want to do a similar bar its easier to go with the self powered 1200 strobes. Much easier to find too. They also usually used the larger Par 46 strobes or the Can strobes for the middle lights too. I had these Solo strobes so I decided to try them for a different look.

Hi, it's nice to see someone else into these older (read: primitive) Whelen Strobelights and the older Whelen Commander strobe lighters.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CHUCK4850

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.