dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
Dash-Flasher

Single halogen DFH 100

Dual flashing halogen DFH 200

Twin dual flashing halogen DFH 300

A nice feature on the DFH-200, was a switch could be added to switch between the standard alternating 200FPM to rapid rate alternating 400FPM.

I mounted a micro DPDT switch in the back of the housing of a portable light with cord and plug, and while plugged in and operating could toggle between standard and rapid flash rates.

s6303554.jpg

s6303555.jpg

s6303556.jpg

s6303558.jpg

s6303559.jpg

s6303560.jpg

S6303566.jpg

S6303567.jpg

S6303564.jpg

S6303565.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

twodogs603

Sep 7, 2011
Norfolk,VA
I remember all to well back when that light came out, between 1988 and 1990 I think. Bought my first one at a big fire expo in Raleigh. Was a very popular light. I think this light was much better and brighter then the light that replaced it, which I cant think of the name right now, but it had that bastard clamshell mounting bracket, but it introduced us to the comet flash pattern.

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
twodogs603 said:
I remember all to well back when that light came out, between 1988 and 1990 I think. Bought my first one at a big fire expo in Raleigh. Was a very popular light. I think this light was much better and brighter then the light that replaced it, which I cant think of the name right now, but it had that bastard clamshell mounting bracket, but it introduced us to the comet flash pattern.

DashMiser?

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
dmathieu said:
Dash-Master II

Dual alternating strobe

I had a pair of the Dashmaster II strobes: r/r on both. They were very nice for their time!

We had considered buying the lower-cost Dashflasher at the time, but Galls ran a special on the Dashmaster II, so that's what we got;and we werewell pleased.

kitn1mcc

May 24, 2010
Old lyme ct
Nice collection

the Dash Miser Replaced the Dash master

the Dash Miser was the built using the first the 52 series light head then the 500 a lot of strobe dash misers have been to changed LED

you are missing one member of the dash master family the Solo-Strobe it was a Dash master in an aluminum housing for mounting outside

http://www.whelen.com/install/135/13546.pdf

grfd711

Jun 23, 2010
Sherwood, AR
I like the info posted in this thread. I'm a fan of the dashmaster family, though in my collection, I do not have either of the CA models. I had no clue the deckflashers could be changed to a faster rate, so thanks for that input. I do have a single dashmaster with the rubber shroud, maybe I should take a pic for this thread sometime.

grfd711

Jun 23, 2010
Sherwood, AR
I know I'm late in posting this, but here it is. One side of the rubber shroud is warped from being in storage, but I think you guys get the picture. In regards to my Whelen "Dash" collection, I finally acquired a dual CA dashmiser (steady halogen and strobe), so if I ever find the elusive triple dashmiser, I should be able to post pics of those, too.

ai192.photobucket.com_albums_z16_grfd711_IMG_20130608_240001_329_zpsa4634719.jpg

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
kitn1mcc said:
Nice collection

the Dash Miser Replaced the Dash master

the Dash Miser was the built using the first the 52 series light head then the 500 a lot of strobe dash misers have been to changed LED

you are missing one member of the dash master family the Solo-Strobe it was a Dash master in an aluminum housing for mounting outside

http://www.whelen.com/install/135/13546.pdf

I'm not sure what sort of setup they use now, but once in the late '70s when I was in Amarillo, I observed clear Solo-Strobes on the AFD Battalion Chief's cars. I'm not sure if they used them as an adjunct to the lightbar or if they were used for traffic light pre-emption.

WS224

Nov 28, 2010
West Tennessee
I wish I could find some housings. I would like to see if they would hold 400 series LED's. I also wouldn't mind having or making. Dash flasher version. The halogen lightheads and lenses are fairly easy to come by.

Of coarse you could also make a remote powered strobe version now with commet flash patterns as well.

Anyone have any housings they would be willing to part with? Would prefer a double.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Check the catalog description here:

ultimate.jpg

kitn1mcc

May 24, 2010
Old lyme ct
WS224 said:
I wish I could find some housings. I would like to see if they would hold 400 series LED's. I also wouldn't mind having or making. Dash flasher version. The halogen lightheads and lenses are fairly easy to come by.

Of coarse you could also make a remote powered strobe version now with commet flash patterns as well.

Anyone have any housings they would be willing to part with? Would prefer a double.

they wont fit

kitn1mcc

May 24, 2010
Old lyme ct
there was another or maybe earlier in this one were the deck master was brought up. a friend had one of the first systems built

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
Pete L. said:
OK, Jeff...................Spill the beans..................DeckMaster ???????????????????????

Pics. ????????

-Pete

I've wanted one, ever since I saw the (not-so-unused) 4-pin connector on the back of my very first Galls rebranded dual DashMaster.

WS224

Nov 28, 2010
West Tennessee
kitn1mcc said:
they wont fit

Thanks. I knew they were different, but I couldn't remember which ones were larger. Regardless, I wouldn't mind having a housing is there is one to be found, I'll make something!!

I would like to see a 400 series dash or deck light. All of the stuff now is too low profile for my liking.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Pete L. said:
YES, I saw the catalog pics.......................I meant pics of the real thing.

Do we now have a new holy grail ???

I thought the standard dual dashmaster could be adapted / synched with the other plug on the back.

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
JohnMarcson said:
I thought the standard dual dashmaster could be adapted / synched with the other plug on the back.

Correct, the DeckMaster is the kit including 2 correctly wired DashMasterIIs, the connecting wire and plugs, and the switch assembly.

I believe the DFH300 is the same scenario, a kit containing 2 DFH200s, wiering harness and the proper DPDT switch for standard and fast flash.

Reactions: BLUELIGHT

Marc M

May 21, 2010
Georgia
JohnMarcson said:

A guy on my old fd set his up like this. They would flash synced for awhile than unsynced than back to synced.

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
JohnMarcson said:

I estimate that I have owned between fifteen and twenty dual DashMasters over the years, some Whelen and some Galls. However, not one of them had any wires connected to the four-place plug. In my experience, the plug is always there, but never populated.

Reactions: BLUELIGHT

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
shues said:
I estimate that I have owned between fifteen and twenty dual DashMasters over the years, some Whelen and some Galls. However, not one of them had any wires connected to the four-place plug. In my experience, the plug is always there, but never populated.

I think you are right. They must add the proper wiring for the DeckMaster kit.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
My last two (that I sold) had populated plugs.. gasp.. what have I done..?

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
grfd711 said:
so if I ever find the elusive triple dashmiser, I should be able to post pics of those, too.

You mean one of these? Strobe-Halogen-Strobe.

DMP.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.