whelen dominator traffic advisor wire question

ask80

Jan 21, 2013
OC,CA
hello. I have a 8 head whelen dominator traffic advisor with flashing ends. is there a way for the warning pattern to flash without the ends flashing? the left, right, and center out can flash without the end lights on. when i hook up power to the red the warning pattern and flashing ends go on. thanks

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
Tir3 or Linz6??

Yes According to the install guide... turn off the switch 4, or find the orange wire and remove it from power if not already on its own switch.. the install guide isnt really specific and im not sure how you are controlling your dominator... but I included it..
Says to use a TacLD1 traffic advisor controller with additional switch for the flashing end lights..

Low Power / Orange Wire: If your lightbar is not equipped with End Flashers the ORANGE wire will activate Low Power.
This feature steps the lightbar down to low power for nighttime use. Applying +12 volts to the ORANGE wire holds the Traffic Advisor in low power mode until voltage is removed. (a toggle switch is recommended).

Attachments

• 13899.pdf
    207.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

ask80

Jan 21, 2013
OC,CA
linz6. i saw that attachment before but doesn't work. when i hook up power to the red (switch 1) with no other wires on, it's supposed to be TA flasher only, I assume? and if i hook up red and orange it's supposed to be TA flasher and end flashers? maybe i read it wrong. when i hook up red and orange only the end flashers flash.

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
Yes I read that, Hmmm what about the scan lock white wire?any power to that? for pattern selections of the ta flash... maybe whatever it was set to is burnt out and in need of repair.. trying to obtain another pattern may get the ta flash to work.. Orange by itself will always get the end flashers to flash..

ask80

Jan 21, 2013
OC,CA
the white works fine to change the patterns for the TA and end flashers. i'll see what whelen says. maybe that is the normal function...

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
well it said red alone and the ta should work whatever the default is for scan lock so without the orange that should work... thats why I wondered about the default setting if it was having an issue..

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.