whelen dominator

cpriest1395

Jun 24, 2012
New York
So i have a whelen 8 head dominator that i use as a traffic advisor. It has the flasher already inside but can i still wire it to a control head?

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
hawkspringsfire said:
From my understanding you would have to set them all to steady burn. Or you will have to take the flasher out and wire them up to where they are all dummy "slave" LEDs.

Sounds about spot-on!

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
hawkspringsfire said:
From my understanding you would have to set them all to steady burn. Or you will have to take the flasher out and wire them up to where they are all dummy "slave" LEDs.

+2.

rsqemt911

May 25, 2010
Naugatuck Ct
they make a control head (really just a switch box) for the dominator arrow sticks that connects to the factory wiring and controls the internal flasher as well as give you a flash pattern button recessed in it to change the patterns for the arrow and the end flashers as well as blank spots to add extra switches for other uses.

cpriest1395

Jun 24, 2012
New York
rsqemt911 said:
they make a control head (really just a switch box) for the dominator arrow sticks that connects to the factory wiring and controls the internal flasher as well as give you a flash pattern button recessed in it to change the patterns for the arrow and the end flashers as well as blank spots to add extra switches for other uses.

SIRENNET.COM - Whelen Dominator Series TIR3 Super LED Traffic Advisor the box at the bottom of the page?

May 16, 2010
Torrington, WY
rsqemt911 said:

Yeah that would work if he had a TA Dominator and not a regular Dominator. The difference like stated above is his dominator already has a flasher installed in it. So if he just hooked up the TA controller to his dominator without any modification it would not work. He would still have to take out the flasher in the dominator and wire the LEDs to be slave/dummy LEDs for the controller to work.

cpriest1395

Jun 24, 2012
New York
hawkspringsfire said:
Yeah that would work if he had a TA Dominator and not a regular Dominator. The difference like stated above is his dominator already has a flasher installed in it. So if he just hooked up the TA controller to his dominator without any modification it would not work. He would still have to take out the flasher in the dominator and wire the LEDs to be slave/dummy LEDs for the controller to work.

The dominator I have is a traffic advisor I currently have it on three switches but it looks crappy. So if I purchase the box above all I have to do us connect it to the bar and everything's going to work?

May 16, 2010
Torrington, WY
cpriest1395 said:
The dominator I have is a traffic advisor I currently have it on three switches but it looks crappy. So if I purchase the box above all I have to do us connect it to the bar and everything's going to work?

What is the model number on your dominator?

May 16, 2010
Torrington, WY
cpriest1395 said:
the model number is tad8rb but i switched the blue flasher end to a red one so i guess now it would be tad8rr

The Whelen TADCTL1 would work with your dominator, plug and play so to say.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.