Whelen Whelen Dual Avenger

efdny2003

Apr 18, 2011
united states, ny
I have a question hopefully someone here can answer regarding mounts. I am getting a Whelen Dual Avenger with the traditional suction cup mount; however I'd like to have the light mounted a little sleeker and stealthier, not crowding the windshield. Which mount would be better, the headliner mount which from pictures I've seen requires drilling holes into the headliner; or the visor mount which I haven't been able to find pictures of that one actually used. If anyone on here has an Avenger and uses either of these mounts, or has seen them used and can help me figure out which one can offer a sleeker install please let me know. Thank you in advanced anyone who can help.

the visor mount attaches the light to the sunvisor, so you will have to put the sunvisor down to use the light , it attaches with a couple of straps to the visor, I would not use this if it was me, in the past the light seems kinda floppy on the visor , and if the angle of the visor isnt right on it will effect the bright ness of the light by pointing it too far up or down

another option is to use the suction cup bracket, remove the cups, and install the bracket under the headliner, you just have to cut 2 slits for the "tabs" to go through the headliner down to the light , the same can be done w/ the headliner bracket under the headliner .

Upvote 0
if you decide to mount it on the dash (as opposed to the headliner, by the RVM), you should definitely consider removing the flashback shield. I had a dual talon on my dash for 4 years and never had problems with the flashback after I removed the flashback shield to reduce the bulkiness

Upvote 0
Here's my Single Talon mounted above my RVM in my Avalanche using the Visor Mount... In my opinion, using the Visor Mount on the actual sun visor puts the light too far away from the windshield and you get crazy flashback...

ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h191_tritontim47_Mobile_20Uploads_2012_05_16_16_40_38_98.jpg

ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h191_tritontim47_Mobile_20Uploads_2012_05_16_16_40_51_833.jpg

ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h191_tritontim47_Mobile_20Uploads_2012_05_16_16_41_33_43.jpg

ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h191_tritontim47_Mobile_20Uploads_2012_05_16_16_41_24_635.jpg

Upvote 0
TritonBoulder47 said:
Here's my Single Talon mounted above my RVM in my Avalanche using the Visor Mount... In my opinion, using the Visor Mount on the actual sun visor puts the light too far away from the windshield and you get crazy flashback...

Yeah, after I posted, I went out to my car and immediately realized that mounting on the visor itself would be terrible. Love the look of that Talon hung on the headliner. I'll have to see if I can get my hands on a couple of those brackets. I read on another post that the Avenger brackets are not usable with Talons, so I'm guessing they're a little hard to come by these days. Thanks for the pics!

Upvote 0
FFDan said:
Yeah, after I posted, I went out to my car and immediately realized that mounting on the visor itself would be terrible. Love the look of that Talon hung on the headliner. I'll have to see if I can get my hands on a couple of those brackets. I read on another post that the Avenger brackets are not usable with Talons, so I'm guessing they're a little hard to come by these days. Thanks for the pics!

yeah the Talon and Avenger brackets can't be interchanged... Every once in a while the visor brackets pop up on ebay... or you can make a want add in the wanted section... Maybe a member happens to have a couple...

Upvote 0
TritonBoulder47 said:
yeah the Talon and Avenger brackets can't be interchanged...

What makes them not interchangeable? I assume it's the hole spacing...any thoughts on whether one could modify an Avenger bracket to fit a Talon?

Upvote 0
Honestly, you can go to Home Depot and buy a piece of 8x12 sheet metal, bend it to make a headliner bracket and drill out holes to mount to the Talon. Thats probably a whole lot cheaper, faster and easier. Also, if you made your bracket a little longer the flashback shield would reach the windshield, virtually eliminating flashback.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lightbar startup