Whelen Dual Avenger

FireMedic540

Feb 22, 2017
Thomaston, CT
I recently picked up a set of Whelen Dual Avengers from a friend for free. One is Red/Red and the other is Blue/Blue. I was wondering if it is possible to change the colors on the Red/Red light. On the circuit board inside there are 5 pairs of small terminals labeled "AMB, BLU, WHT, GRN, RED". On the blue light the "BLU" terminals are linked together with a diode, and the same on the red light except the "RED" terminals are linked together on each side of the board. If I were to move the diode from "RED" to "BLU", would that change the color of the lights? Or just totally mess everything up? Here's a picture of the terminals.

Attachments

• IMG_5571-1.jpg
    IMG_5571-1.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 30

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
No you need to replace the leds with different color ones. Wilsonbr90 here on the board should be able to swap at a reasonable price.

Seth

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New in state!

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.