Whelen Duplex manual.

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
Not sure. I have not dealt with duplex bars before. Very limited 9M and slightly more so older/original edge bars.

Best bet would be open the bar up and see how/where the power cables are hooked up.

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
@Nolines
That appears to be the same as the one I posted except yours has the exploded view at the end.

He is describing his power cable as having 2 reds, 1 black (which we would normally fuse each red to 12v, and the black to a good ground on the vehicle) then each control wire would get activated as needed.
He is describing an orange and black wire as well. I haven’t seen that before.

@Sutphen 606
Can you post a couple pics for everyone?

Sutphen 606

May 9, 2011
Seneca, South Carolina.
My Duplex and a Patriot. The main power cable has a solid red, red white, orange black, black white, and solid black.

Attachments

• 34A345AC-6346-4B04-BB04-9A5A2CA9F576.jpeg
    34A345AC-6346-4B04-BB04-9A5A2CA9F576.jpeg
    157.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 603EED72-DC79-41A0-8533-52CB72758FC4.jpeg
    603EED72-DC79-41A0-8533-52CB72758FC4.jpeg
    165 KB · Views: 10

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
Hmmmm
I am stumped. Might have to open it up and see where that orange/black is connected to….. if any thing.

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
@Nolines
That appears to be the same as the one I posted except yours has the exploded view at the end.

He is describing his power cable as having 2 reds, 1 black (which we would normally fuse each red to 12v, and the black to a good ground on the vehicle) then each control wire would get activated as needed.
He is describing an orange and black wire as well. I haven’t seen that before.

@Sutphen 606
Can you post a couple pics for everyone?
Your correct I haven't seen an orange black wire either, wasn't trying to one up you firebuff I contacted my guy I've been dealing with to see what he had, I hoped it would be exact to what he was seeing but yeah gotta see those cables and what they are going to to be sure..

Reactions: firebuff17

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
@Nolines
No worries. I didn’t mean anything by my statement either. As you know, it’s hard to imply inflection, tone, and emotion….. hmmm that sounds like someone has nagged, I mean, told me that before.

• Haha
Reactions: Nolines

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
My Duplex and a Patriot. The main power cable has a solid red, red white, orange black, black white, and solid black.

You are going to have to trace that back, it may not even be factory. Sometimes people simplified the wiring by ganging the features they wanted together. The duplex era also saw lots of custom stuff so it might be factory. Mine has a big red and black, smaller control wires and a separate traffic advisor harness.

Reactions: firebuff17

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
So the bar is up and running minus the TA as I am still waiting on a controller and pins. It looks like that orange wire is a ground for the TA. I will let you know once I get the parts in. I will also post a video soon.
It might be POWER for the TA, they are ground side switched usually.

Reactions: Dave F and tsquale

PJH

May 23, 2010
CO Springs&West PointNY
I owned a 9622M which was the decked out version. The two red as i recall - one was for
The strobe side and the other for the halogen stuff. The t/a runs solely off the TA of the era
Which should be standard positive outputs (remember 5MM LED’s were first produced in this era).

The orange/black is either custom or for an opticom IIRC. The lopro (if equipped) would have been white/black for the speaker.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mgrimmius

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.