Whelen Edge 9000 Wiring Diagram(s)

oldstrain

May 22, 2012
US - Ohio
Help!

I am restoring 2 Whelen Edge 9000 Lightbars with Whelen PCDS-9 in-car controllers. I need the following:

1. Wiring from lightbar to controller and controller to 12V.

2. Wiring from lightbar to 12V.

3. A recommendation for a 12V power source to power all the above in a static indoor environment.

In short, I need it all!

Help much appreciated in advance.

Paul Brown

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
There are many variations of the Edge bars. Look for a sticker on the bottom of the bar, should give you a model and serial number. That can help a lot. Your other option is to simple "guess and check" find the biggest (thickest) red and black wires hook the red to +12v and the black to ground then start hooking each smaller wire up and see what turns on!

oldstrain

May 22, 2012
US - Ohio
oldstrain said:
Help!
I am restoring 2 Whelen Edge 9000 Lightbars with Whelen PCDS-9 in-car controllers. I need the following:

1. Wiring from lightbar to controller and controller to 12V.

2. Wiring from lightbar to 12V.

3. A recommendation for a 12V power source to power all the above in a static indoor environment.

In short, I need it all!

Help much appreciated in advance.

Paul Brown
As usual, I forgot to post all info.........let's try again.

They are 9308-PCDS-9 bars, and PCDS-9 (configuration 230) controllers.

sory

RyanZ71

Jun 14, 2011
Denver, Colorado

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tommy_adams

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.