Whelen Edge 9m Model 9mhcdps

Chaser_771

Jan 1, 2013
Oklahoma
We just bought a "new" truck and it has that light bar on it and going to a federal signal Smart siren sm and its set up is weird! I was wondering about a wiring diagram cause bottom half of the bar is not working and also the siren is weird! When I turn on to slide 1, stuff in the slide 3 spot comes on! And yes its a horrible wire job as I am going to correct all their mistakes! Any help appreciated!WIN_20170916_13_54_37_Pro.jpg

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
When you say the bottom half, is that the case for the front of the bar as well? Or only the rear of the bar?
Also if you read the rules you would know that you can't post just the birds nest of wires, there must be at least one pic of said bar!! (He he)
Meow someone will be along shortly to say that in fact a video is required, they may or may not be correct.

Chaser_771

Jan 1, 2013
Oklahoma
When you say the bottom half, is that the case for the front of the bar as well? Or only the rear of the bar?
Also if you read the rules you would know that you can't post just the birds nest of wires, there must be at least one pic of said bar!! (He he)
Meow someone will be along shortly to say that in fact a video is required, they may or may not be correct.
Only on the rear front all works. Sorry I did post a video but it was in wrong format hopefully its tagged on this 1!

Last edited:
Reactions: StEaLtH2

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
That appears to be an early Freedom lightbar, and those modules on the bottom are most l likely wired to be a traffic arrow. They may be two wire or they may be 9 wire... it depends on how the bar was ordered originally. Either way, you can use the SmartSiren to get those working too.

Chaser_771

Jan 1, 2013
Oklahoma
Thanks! I am going to call whelen on Monday and see if they can get me the diagram. I thought it was a freedom too but sticker shows a edge 9m so I was confused. I normally deal with soundoff signal so this is a new 1 on me. Also Jman hope I didn't break any rules been awhile since I posted anything.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.