Whelen edge freedom series

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
I am guessing the "F" wiped off the tag. Should be an FL8RRBB.

RRBB indicating it is a split half red, half blue bar. If I remember correctly, the FL designator means it is low current and does not require a special serial controller to function. The 8 indicates that it is a 49.75" bar.

It is helpful to include photos when making a post like this to help us further assess the bar.

Reactions: Dave F

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
I would presume the L8 is for Linear 8 in reference to the number of diodes in the corners, but i could be wrong

This is incorrect, the 8 indicates the size. 4 is the short 44" bar, 8 is the 49", 2 is the 55". Info below from the wayback machine copy of Whelen.com

Edge® Ultra™ Freedom™ FL Series Super-LED® Lightbars

Edge® Ultra Freedom features all Linear-LED® technology in a warning package that rivals strobe in impact but provides heavy-duty, long life operation with low current draw. Start with four Linear-LED® (patent pending) modules and add up to eight more Linear-LED® modules (for a total of 12 Linear Super-LED™ modules, or take-down’s, alley’s etc. in just the combination you want. All Ultra lightbars are made for rough treatment and long hours of use.

Features:
  • Class 1, SAE and California Title XIII certified.
  • Three standard lengths: 44” (44-3/8”), 49 (49-3/4”) and 55” (55-1/8”).
  • Rugged extruded aluminum I-Beam construction.
  • Available with ScanLock™ flash pattern control that lets you toggle through multiple flash patterns and lock in the pattern you select. Every pair of lights can have its own unique pattern.
  • 15' cable, passenger side exit. Driver side cable exit with 25' power cable optional.
  • Permanent mount kit MKEZ7 included.
  • Custom lengths available.
  • Use the Lightbar wizard to configure your lightbar to your specifications.
  • 4 corner “Linear_LED®” Super-LED™ modules.
  • Add up to 8 “LINEAR8™” Super-LED directional modules.
  • ScanLock flash patterns.
  • 70% lower amp draw over comparable strobe models.
  • Clear outer lenses are standard, optional color lenses available.

Standard Models:
FL4****F - 44.375", 4 Front Facing Blue, Red and/or Amber, For White LEDs Contact Factory.
FL8****F - 49.75", 4 Front Facing Blue, Red and/or Amber, For White LEDs Contact Factory.
FL2****F - 55", 4 Front Facing Blue, Red and/or Amber, For White LEDs Contact Factory.

Reactions: StEaLtH2

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.