Whelen edge questions

dan1088

Jun 5, 2011
U.S.A WI
I am new to strobe light bars but i picked one up for really cheap. When i hook the main 12volt power amd ground it start to flash the strobes right away. None of the control wires are hooked up with it. Is that normal? Anything i should look for to see why that is happing? I dont have the serial number, sitting board at a wedding right now lol. But i do know the manufacturer date on the strobes is 86.

E-WYO

Dec 27, 2019
Casper,WY
Remove endcap slie off the lenses serial number and model are on the sicker on the power supply e-mail whelen they were very helpful in me gething the old bar back together sent me schmatics for my bar.

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
hummmmm. the cable makes it a low power relay matrix bar. That is as long as noone back yard re-engineered it. Looking at the end strobes, they look to be "v" shaped. That would make it the 1st generation of the bar (1981 - 1985??? time frame). (the "J" tubes were the 2nd). I do not think they had serial # printed on the power supplys. The supplys were the open circuit ones that hung up-side down. Hard to tell with out seeing the insides as E-WYO mentioned. It could have been upgraded through out the years.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.