Whelen endcap reproduction, take 2.

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
Hi guys,

If you remember, I posted late last year some Whelen endcap reproduction and after some tweaking, this is what we have come up so far. It is a bit thicker and deeper than the original. Thickness cannot be lessened for structural reason, but it could still be made a bit less deep.

First 3 pictures are the endcap beside the original. Last picture is the reproduction endcap inserted in a crossbar.

It is still not of course a perfect copy, but this is what I believe to be the closest replacement available for now. If you have comments and suggestions, please let me know.
These would be available for sale, should there be level of interest.

Let me know what you think!20170216_103700_resized_1.jpg 20170216_103734_resized_1.jpg 20170216_103749_resized_1.jpg 20170125_202815_resized.jpg

Reactions: Tony P

kerry4951

Mar 10, 2014
Central Pa
I think you did very well.......I do agree they could be made less deep, maybe half of what they are now. I think with the correct coat of paint they would be very suitable. Thanks for taking the time to do this. I would definitely be interested in a set or two if you can get us some more info when you are ready.

Usmc69187

Nov 28, 2018
Yonkers, NY
Hi guys,

If you remember, I posted late last year some Whelen endcap reproduction and after some tweaking, this is what we have come up so far. It is a bit thicker and deeper than the original. Thickness cannot be lessened for structural reason, but it could still be made a bit less deep.

First 3 pictures are the endcap beside the original. Last picture is the reproduction endcap inserted in a crossbar.

It is still not of course a perfect copy, but this is what I believe to be the closest replacement available for now. If you have comments and suggestions, please let me know.
These would be available for sale, should there be level of interest.

Let me know what you think!View attachment 163302 View attachment 163303 View attachment 163304 View attachment 163305
I’m in need of a set, do you have any?

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
Haven't toyed with this project for a few years but let me dig into it. I had someone ask me to make the "sliding walls" shorter. I'll try it.

Bear in mind this thread was a try-out for the endcaps. The 3D printer used isn't mine so I won't have them shortly, but I'll see what I can do :)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.