Whelen Flash Pattern demonstration ??

bpollard

Jun 13, 2010
USA, SC
Hey guys, is there something online or something that can help me identify Whelen flash patterns with their names?

In other words, I would like to learn which patterns are called what? does that make sense?

Bob

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
I think most manuals have the flash pattern list. I have downloaded them and cycled through the patterns on the bar to figure out the names.

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
Their website USED to have a flash pattern demo. Haven’t looked in a long time so not sure if they still do or not.

Reactions: Tango7
May 21, 2010
Minnesota
I guess I thought you had a bar and wondering what the patterns were called that it was running.

I could be wrong but doesn't the Command software have that? Just download and play with the patterns.

bpollard

Jun 13, 2010
USA, SC
i actually was trying to figure out what patterns I want on a pair of Whelen Ions that I was about to install. I ended up just messing with them until I found one i liked. have no idea what it's called!

"Flicker-Flicker-FLASH, Flicker-Flicker-FLASH" thats what I am calling it

cabunty

Sep 21, 2014
New England
i actually was trying to figure out what patterns I want on a pair of Whelen Ions that I was about to install. I ended up just messing with them until I found one i liked. have no idea what it's called!

"Flicker-Flicker-FLASH, Flicker-Flicker-FLASH" thats what I am calling it
If they are in, they are in...but whelen command sw you can demo any pattern.

bpollard

Jun 13, 2010
USA, SC
thanks everyone. i am about to attempt installing the Command software as suggested. this may be my last post to the internet...................................

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
uhhh youtube?

Abacus

May 24, 2010
Sydney Australia
Look for YouTube posts on the ulf44 flasher. I recall someone going to the trouble of videoing patterns with an amber lightbar. That flasher has most of the older whelen patterns before the days of slow glow etc.

Tango7

Jul 7, 2020
Chicago Metro Area
I don't believe the Whelen site does, but there are some found on youtube.

thanks for the replies. I tried Whelen's website, if it's there I can't find it. No big deal, just wondering

Bob
Whelen's site USED to have it, but whey they did their big renovation a year or two ago it disappeared.
It may have been tied to the downfall of Flash, but who knows.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.