Whelen flash patterns

Steveo17

Jun 6, 2020
Essex uk
Good evening all I am looking for some advice if possible. What would you all say the most effective whelen flash patterns are and what do you all set your lights to cheers steve

May 21, 2010
Elmira, ny
Boy are you gonna be opening a book for that question lol.

Youre gonna get a mix of responses saying a certain one is an effective one, while someone else may say a different pattern is effective.

Personally i think any flash pattern is effective no matter what brand of light it is........yes even the knockoff stuff has some effective patterns :)

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
Whelen's 2 most effective patterns, based on "on-time"/brightest pulse per flash, are single 75FPM, ans SignalAlert 75 FPM. These 2 provide the longest on time, hence the brightest flash. The NAAFPA specific L31 lights have these 2 pattrns only. I tend to use the SignalAlert because it uses the combination of rapid pulse and long on pulse. I also use cruise when flashing, giving a "never off" signal.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
I like signalert 75, very similar to a brake light pop. Actionflash has its perks too, strobeish pattern alternating with slow single flashes. Good for side warning.

And yes you've opened a pandora box with your question ;)

Reactions: EHFD_Tower_751

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
Whelen has redesigned their website, renamed their aviation business, and now all links to their flash pattern generator have disappeared.
Not only the flash pattern generator but the page with light bar manuals, lightheads, serial products, everything, now it's just the current lineup, a facebook link, the divisions are now red, blue and amber, and the literature is pdf numbers no names... WTF is that. I actually sent them an email cause I was so disgusted that all my webpages I bookmarked are all dead I can't find anything to use for reference material even the siren tones is a zip file.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pro-Emergencias

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Whelen has redesigned their website, renamed their aviation business, and now all links to their flash pattern generator have disappeared.

I wondered why my flash pattern videos have seen an uptick in views......

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.